<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: #PledgeForParity
Posted on: Tuesday, March 8, 201610:29 PM

Hello guys just a short post before I zoom off to do my 1001 pages of readings!!

Today is 8 March and also International Women's Day! Just wanted to write a short post to show my appreciation to all the great people out there who worked (and are still working) hard to fight for gender equality. I'm forever grateful for all the opportunities I had (and have), and I'm forever thankful for all those who had to make the necessary sacrifices in order to get women to where we are today.

Gender discrimination is very prevalent and very real. It might not be that glaringly obvious in Singapore but casual and unconscious bias is something that can be observed if you pay attention. I don't want to go so in-depth about anything or whatever (not trying to write a research paper here yo I still have one more to write SOBS) but I just want to highlight that it is something that we shouldn't have to tolerate or be expected to deal with.

Ending off with a quote from Lauren Mayberry (from CHVRCHES) which I absolutely agree with:
What I do not accept, however, is that it is all right for people to make comments ranging from "a bit sexist but generally harmless" to openly sexually aggressive. That it is something that "just happens". Is the casual objectification of women so commonplace that we should all just suck it up, roll over and accept defeat? I hope not. Objectification, whatever its form, is not something anyone should have to "just deal with".




♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx