HEY GUYS it's already week 3 and I haven't updated about school! Got not much motivation to do so HAHA but I know I'll regret it because I actually enjoy reading my past blog posts a lot even if they don't say much.
January in review
- Started my January in an awesome way because I got to slack at home for like two whole days without feeling the need to do anything or worrying about anything. Went to KL (finallllyyyyyy) after months of talking about wanting to go to Fayefaye's house hehehe. Our identities change all the time heh; from #aussiewtf to #sgwtf to #malaysiawtf. Hopefully there'll be many many more other #wtfs with my lovely girls :') Tbh this friendship is one of my greatest takeaways from uni life and also one of my most surprising friendships because it literally started out of nowhere. Like B1 and I spent one whole sem being in our own world (and me going home all the time LOL I REGRET OK) and then second sem I decided that this cannot go on and forcefully forced weqin to join us and slowly faye and fanyuan joined us too HAHAHAHA we were called food crew back then because we wanted to find people to eat with us #sad. And then we got close like within a few weeks and randomly decided to go to Australia together when we weren't even that super close but of course after that trip everything changed HAHAHA what a milestone in our friendship journey. I feel like friends who can go overseas together and stay friends are friends who will last because travelling together really highlights all the bad habits that people have and if you can take it then, you can probably take it for life. Always thankful for them because they make my uni life so much more interesting and are always up for anything hehe. And travelling with them is so much fun because I can be my nua and useless self HEHE.
Omg I digressed but anyway KL trip was great hehe stayed at Faye's house and everything, and her parents are super duper cute!! Ate cheap and good food and went shopping and basically it's eat and eat and eat YAS my fav activity.
- Met up with #TheBurdensFamily three times within like two weeks because of January babies HAHA. Level of effort upzzz because it's 21st for Huilin and Joey! It's been such a long time since we've met so often though hehe but it's always a good and ridiculous time with them *inserts heartshapes* Even though we meet so freaking often during that two weeks we still had a lot of things to say to each other LOLLOL ACTUALLY most of the time we're just screaming over some random thing and being bimbz and noisy....... I kinda don't know how the boys stand us HAHAHA. And if some outsiders ever witness our interactions they'd probably be like 'wtf' HAHA. I felt like we were going to blow the roof of EWF off because we were so chaotic!!! Had the best laugh I've had in a while with Jiaxin's cringey "kick them off" HAHAHAHA. Glad to be celebrating these milestones with them, I hope there'll be many more milestones to come!
- Also met up with my two other musketeers to celebrate Kim's and my birthdays!!! IT WAS FREAKING EPIC because we didn't do enough research #failz. We wanted to go to Food For Thought but we entered the botanic gardens from the exit that's like at the opposite end of FFT. We thought we were strong and decided to walk there (it's like 1.6km HAHA) and it wasn't that bad initially but we were kinda lost halfway LOL and had to pathetically walk beside the ulu main road and all the cars were like driving past us and the path had lots of sand and branches because yknow, botanic gardens is right beside. AND THEN it started POURING omg, if we were in a movie then this is definitely the scene where we just broke up with our boyfriends and have to walk in the pouring rain and then our heels broke or something and then we just break down beside the road and cry. Thankfully all three of us had umbrellas (YAS) so it was not THAT bad but still terrible. Tried to enter botanic gardens through a shortcut but got led to a fish pond instead LOL #tragic. BUT OK all was well and we made it there safely and got to eat yummy food hehe. It's been such a long time since we met but we still had a good time catching up hehe, always thankful for them :') And thankful for whatsapp because it's the only way we can keep in constant contact :') AND HI YIWEN I KNOW YOU READ THIS HEHE.
- Met up with Bel and Melp at Nana's Green Tea too HEHE. Yes I know lots of meet-ups but it's because it's the start of the semester so everyone has lots of free time HAHA. Once it officially starts (like now), nobody has any time to do anything else other than work. Anyway Nana's Green Tea was REALLY GOOD I was actually legit impressed with the food. I am actually in love with the matcha drink because it's super creamy and rich and I love it. It's expensive though HAHA but okay la at least the quality of the food justifies the price. Anyway our working friend Melp treated us to the meal so YAYYYY hehe. These two are such precious friends too because they're really unexpected friends as well. Never thought I'd make such good friends when I joined AYLTLC last year and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made because the journey was really fulfilling and these two friends are two of the most considerate and thoughtful friends I ever have!!! Had a really great time listening to Bel's Canada stories as well hehe so excited yet kinda apprehensive about my exchange though?!!!?! Am already starting to think I'll be super homesick and stuff whenever I eat home-cooked food :(
- New year new sem but same overly attached B1 and B2 HAHA. I still feel like I see B1 all the time even though we don't live together anymore and we don't take the same mod anymore :( But yes to frequent dinners with #sgwtf and lunch datessss hehe. I'm starting to think I can't live without her because our lives overlap with each other so much and it baffles me to think that two years ago we were awkward acquaintances HAHAHAHAHA. HI B1 I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS TOO.
- School has actually been pretty good! No longer overloading this sem so I can feel the lightened workload omg yesssss. Satisfied with all of my mods (they all seem really interesting), glad to be positively challenged by them too hehe. Can already see deadlines nearing so that's a little stressful but nothing new la same stuff every sem HAHA. I have fewer group projects this sem and so far all of them seems good! Looking forward to the rest of the sem with them :) Okay well that's all about school HAHA there is really nothing much to say about it HAHAHA. Oh yes I need to source for an internship though sighhhhhhh please hire me please please anyone :(