<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: You're good and good enough
Posted on: Monday, October 12, 20157:47 PM

I honestly shouldn't be blogging right now because I have a ton of other things to do and I really need to get my priorities right but ya here I am :|

I am so disoriented and disorganised that I forgot that this week is actually a mini hell week for me HAHA two tests and one presentation on Tuesday omg give chance pls :( And I have an assignment submission on Thursday omg an assignment that I haven't started.............................. Been so busy over the weekends getting my transcription done (it took wayyyyyy longer than I expected) but yay I earned some money? LOL. Need to self fund my travels yo T_T

But well today has been not so bad even though I always dread it. I always dread Mondays but for some reason they always end up to be pretty good! Actually I always dread everyday but everyday turns out to be good for me so I kinda stopped dreading. Okay what am I even saying LOL.

But anyway, I feel like there's been way too much negativity recently :-( I guess it might be because it's the second half of the semester and everyone just gets so sick of life and studies and project groups (ugh) and class presentations and assignment submissions and deadlines.

Sometimes I feel that way too but I like to take things step by step and one at a time so things always seem to be better than what I expected them to be (maybe I'm just delusional LOL). Sometimes I feel so strange to be the only positive one too like it almost feels as if something is wrong with me because I'm not as upset as the others LOL #life #tryingtofitin but I really can't help it leh I'm the kind who is always looking at the bright side of things I think I'm just born with it la HAHA. Though sometimes I feel like my encouragement sounds so shallow but honestly I really believe in what I say.

Not to say that I don't feel sad/disappointed/other negative emotions la but they usually are rather fleeting. Or maybe I'm just really good at moving on.

But anyway, just a reminder to myself and everyone else who reads this blog (probably no one) that you're good and you're good enough. Don't be so harsh on yourself and don't let anyone else dictate what you should or should not do. At the end of the day what matters is that you've done your best yo. Always remember that you're better than what you believe you are :-)

So anyway today has been a great day because
1) I get to wake up slightly later now that I've moved house

2) B1 met me early in the morning to pass me a motivational gift!!! And she wrote 'tutu' without insulting it well done gurrrrrl HAHA love you lots.

3) 2220 tutorial was intense as usual but I made the conscious effort to contribute to class discussion more AND I smiled at my new friend (I see him 3 out of 4 school days seriously) AND my fierce tutor complimented my writing!!! She is so fierce but sassy, I love it. And this is the second time she complimented my writing omg the first time was the first tutorial but subsequently I'm just cui and today she praised me again omg so happy so touched xiao paiseh though HAHA.

Honestly this mod is pretty life-changing (ok I'm exaggerating) to me because even though I like reading and kinda like writing I've always think I suck at it (and I do suck at it) like I really really like how people can just weave poetry with words and make words sound so melodious and dreamy and everything but I'm just like "um I like food". So I was actually really afraid when I took this mod (but I still took it because I wanted to learn and I don't want to keep sucking) and I found out that actually others are not that great either (LOLLLLLL but still way better than me!) and the tutor slams everyone so it's not that bad being criticised either HAHA.

So I'm glad this mod made me realise that I'm not THAT bad and sometimes I'm actually pretty good too.  Though I guess the only kind of writing I can do is factual writing which actually I don't really like that much but oh well at least it's "short and sweet" according to my tutor. (Actually it's short and sweet because I'm lazy and can't think of any more words but okay.)

4) Went to distribute The Ridge magazines because I volunteered HAHAHA and B1 very nicely accompanied me hehe if not I'd have been so awkward thanks B1 hehe. And bought this Floatilla thing and the guys there were so nice!!

So anyway, lesson learnt today is that sometimes all it takes is a little bit of kindness and a smile. Because while I was giving out the free magazines I really smiled till cannot smile anymore and even though a few of them totally ignored me, most were nice enough to either take the magazines or smile and say thank you hehe. It feels good to be smiling, and even better if the other person smiles back. :-)

Then while I was waiting for my bus home, this girl came up to me all panicky and asked if her bus have gone by and I told her it hasn't. Then she said thank you and I said welcome and smiled at her. And she smiled back at me yayyyyyyy. And then my bus arrived so I said bye to her and she smiled at me so happily and said bye to me too I felt so great that a smile can do such amazing things and I'm so glad that I'm friendly HAHAHA.

But no seriously I'm so glad that I smiled and it really motivates me to keep on smiling and being nice to people because you never know, they might be nice back to you, and that'll honestly make your entire day.

Also when I was going home I helped an auntie to press the lift door and she said thank you and I successfully said "you're welcome" back YAAASSS I legit did a lil happy dance in the lift after she left because I am always so slow to react + surprised when people say thank you + socially awkward that I fail to time my "you're welcome" correctly so most of the times I end up saying it in my head rather than saying it out or just totally fail and say it after they have already left. #whut

HAHAHA okay I feel kinda dumb blogging about such trivial stuff but anw I'm just glad that today happened because it gives me strength to continue my hell week hehe. Baby steps y'all, baby steps.




♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx