<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: Inspired
Posted on: Tuesday, September 1, 20154:40 PM

Sup guys, sudden motivation to post today because these two days have been really great!!

Mondays are my worst days because it's 6 hours consecutive lessons (ugh) + french tutorial but surprisingly it's a lot of fun too. 2220 wakes me up so thoroughly because it's so fast-paced and we were given an in-class assignment where we had to interview our classmate for 10 minutes and write an article in 10 minutes. SURPRISINGLY I wasn't very stressed out HAHA I guess it's because it's a challenge to everyone else too? Like you'll always think you suck but then things are much more fun when you realise everyone is as panicky as you HAHA I found it quite fun in the end!! And also the class makes you so immune to criticism because everyone gets criticised anyway so yeah. Used to be so paranoid about seeing my work on screen and being criticised in front of everyone but now it's like...... nothing new yo.

And I like my tutor a lot even though she's rather strict and my friend said she's a 'nightmare' HAHA but so far I find her frankness very refreshing and quite charming actually. She reminds me of those teachers who seem 'fierce' at first but ends up being the most awesome teachers ever. Also like how my lecturer and tutor will always tell us stories in the newsroom and try to let us experience what's it like being in that industry, with the tight deadlines and noisy environments and all LOL. My adorable tutor said, and I quote, "Okay while you guys write your articles right, I'm going to keep on talking because that's how it's like in a newsroom. There are people talking on the phone, people shouting etc etc". And she legit just continued to ramble on to herself while the rest of us desperately tried to rush out an article HAHA. Also we got to interview our own classmates about the most unforgettable event in their lives so that was so fun!!! People have all sorts of cool experiences man hahaha.

Went for The Ridge meeting at 7pm and met the majority of the publication team, as well as my own SMM team!! Really glad that I was able to get in, and I'm really glad to be able to explore more about social media and all its functions and the possibilities it brings. Also got to meet so many people that are so passionate about writing and have so many cool ideas! Legit felt happy being surrounded with people who love what they're doing and are so enthusiastic in contributing. Got to chat with a couple of others and I realise everyone has such different stories to tell and people are living such interesting and meaningful lives out there yo. I hope my life seems that way to others too HAHA.

Academic-wise, things are going okay now. Settled on an interesting project topic for 2103 and groupmates have been really responsive!! 90% done with 3219 first assignment which I'm going to hand in tomorrow, and I've finalised my 2220 article topic and direction, and started contacting possible interviewees. In fact I've just completed my first ever interview (with my prof!) and it was such a scary but great experience. Mini screw up in the beginning because I thought I switched my recorder on but nop............. (I read about technology fails ALL THE TIME but I can't believe it actually happened to me) Luckily my prof was very understanding, and I only missed like the first 1 minute or so and thankfully it was more of background info/warming up stuff so nothing too important omg. But the rest of the interview went very well!! I was afraid that it's going to be so awkward and I will like lose my train of thought halfway or something but it was rather engaging (in my noob opinion) and I had a great time listening to my prof speak about his opinions and experiences hehe. Got me thinking that maybe this interviewing thing could be really for me hmm.

Also secured like two other interviewees heh but I'm left with one crucial one (with a company) so I'm still waiting for the reply!!! Had to send my CV and all omg so serious hahaha I hope everything works out in the end!

Don't know is it just me or am I feeling extra positive lately HAHA I hope this positivity lasts!!! Week 6 is gonna be hell because I have two assignments due and one proposal presentation and two tests :-(



♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx