<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: AC 2015
Posted on: Tuesday, July 7, 20152:23 PM

(I started this post like one week ago but only managed to post it now LOL)

It's been 4 days since AC ended and I'm finally awake and strong enough to write a post about it LOL. No joke I was SO FREAKING TIRED the day we broke camp that I literally died. I didn't even know what I was doing when I reached home and I just slouched about in a trance and after I bathed I didn't even wait for my hair to dry (new low seriously) and I just randomly slouched against some pillow and slept till my mum came and chased me away to her room cos she's turning on the aircon (and we usually share rooms when we wanna on the aircon to save money HAHAHA)

AC 2015 was so tiring but so fun. But it's tiring and fun in a very different way because instead of getting crazy high playing games as a freshie, now you're getting crazy high preparing stuff for freshies. Ok here comes the boring day-by-day break down of the camp that nobody else other than myself will read:

Day 0
Reached school at about 1pm to prep stuff like goodie bags and tshirts and basically random stuff but yay one must always find the fun in these stuff!! Had a good time chitchatting with the rest while feeling like a factory worker because we formed a supply chain thing and just kept repeating the same actions hahaha. Also yay for goodie bag stuff!!! Aloe Vera gels and waterproof pouches ftw. Sorted the shirts afterwards (xiao stress cos I shirt I/C) and yay thanks to everyone who helped to tie them!!! Played orientation games like steady tempo ready go and concentration with the rest of O House HAHA I usually really hate these kind of games but I couldn't escape from Alex sobs but oh well it turned out to be v fun in the end hehehe!!

Had KFC for welfare dinner omg it's been suchhhh a long time since I last ate KFC so I was feeling very fulfilled. Headed to CF for OGLs/councillors registration which was just sitting around waiting for people to come and find us (which no one did) and played Heads Up with the rest of admin team + Daniel! Likewise I also don't really like to play these games (actually idk why I even join camps) but I'm comfortable enough with them to play it HAHAHA friendship level upz. Extra bonding time with new admin member xiaoaudz man. Xiaoaudz brought us to Sheares to shower after that cos B1 and I were so excited to see how Sheares looks and wah it looks damn good pls SOMEONE PULL ME IN PLS. Things look so new and so pretty!!! Ended up going back to AS4 to get our bags and return to Sheares to sleep (it's like a 15min walk in between omg) because there was an extra room and we couldn't say no to a proper room and bed. Actually we wanted the bed so that we can get ample rest before the camp starts but we actually ended up talking crap till like 4am wtf HAHAHAHA. It wasn't even like our deepest darkest secrets it was like normal, everyday stuff HAHAHA but hmm actually I've never told anyone else about it so I guess you are still the privileged one B1!!!


Day 1
Woke up early but still had to rush to Deck because the caterer was early (and it continued being really early for the next 4 days.............) Like we're talking about half an hour earlier not like 10 minutes earlier LOL. Anw I actually had fun being wingyan's sub-food-I/C HAHAHAHA and hanging out w B1 and yigang!! The first few days I actually didn't know YG well so I didn't really talk to him which was a xiao pity because he's actually hilarious and at the end of 5 days we're like brozxc man.

Moved over to TH afterwards and started registration which was tiring but also fun because it's like the first glimpse at all the freshies hehe!! Tried looking for cute guys but honestly I was too busy with the long queues to really care LOL. Had lots of fun directing the lost freshies though and I was soaking up all the vibes of the cheers and excitement hehe so the smile I had was 100% genuine despite being so tired repeating "hi can I have your name and your I/C? okay can you help me check if your particulars are correct? okay can you help me sign over here? thank you, welcome to arts camp!" Some cutie pies immediately started reciting their I/C number after I asked "can I have your I/C" LOL XIAO CUTE LEH.

Mass ice-breakers were chaotic as always but I was so glad to see them having so much fun!!! B1 and I found a good spot to watch them play and we looked upon them with a motherly smile HAHAHA like 'have fun, my children'. JK it was probably just me. :-( Went off earlier afterwards to settle icepack stuff and omg that was my xiao panic moment because it was not supposed to be me doing but I had to do it hahaha proud of myself leh!!! Met a mean uncle who didn't wanna give me ice but met a super nice and friendly uncle that offered to help me and even kept asking me if it was too heavy to carry T_T The contrast is so stark LOL moments like these really make me super grateful and they serve as a reminder to myself to always be kind. :')

Did welfare patrol for station games and had fun looking at all the games and all the freshies hehe the games actually looked really fun!!! And I secretly like welfare patrol even though it's really quite tiring because you get to have like an overview of the whole event HAHA and you get to see a bit of everything. Because being a station master really means you spend your entire 3 hours or so at the exact same place doing the exact same thing (which was what happened to me on days 3 and 4)

Had campus tour afterwards which was my greatest burden of the entire camp because I still felt quite unsure and there was a lot to prepare for!! But thankfully everything went well hehe, right from the prep stage I could see that things were gonna go better than precamp HAHA because at least I knew what was going on this time round and everyone else moreorless had the idea too (I was the head station I/C LOL nearly died in precamp) Route-marking and stuff was done in a crazy rush and I was so glad to have B1 helping me /hugs/ because if not I'd probably be like panic mode on.

Unexpectedly had lots of fun with my fellow station masters HAHAHA actually situations like these are like speed-dating but the friendship version LOL because you are forced to be together for like 4 hours and you get to chitchat and stuff. Grateful for how cooperative and nice they were and we had lots of fun talking about random stuff and we still say hi to each other afterwards (does this sound pathetic HAHAHA). Really really grateful towards them though because they have a much tougher task than I do but they're so nice about it and also really good at doing what they do!!! They kept thanking me and praising the ocomm for being so thoughtful and stuff somemore omg make me feel so paiseh and thankful because they're too nice T_T HAHA had lots of fun bitching about other stuff also hehe all in all it was a tiring but fun session!!! Felt really accomplished too because we succeeded! :-) Had a minor disaster while otw back to LT11 because we spilled our green beans HAHAHA once again, super grateful to them because I actually didn't wanna delay their briefing and wanted them to go back faster but they were very nice and said we should just clean it up once and for all so no need to waste time and manpower so we all stayed together to clean it up and Matin even went up to the 6th floor to get brooms and stuff. :-)

Also super grateful to the welfare people hehe now I know how people are very happy to see me when I come along with welfare too yayyyyy :'D

Had our debrief and went back to shower and stuff because we overran so we moved all the prep to the next morning hehe. Some of them ordered supper but B1 and I were smart enough to not order because we know how late the food always arrives LOL. But still ended up sleeping at like 4am or so.


Day 2
As usual, breakfast stuff. Then I forgot what happened HAHA. Basically B1 and I spent a lot of time not in LT11 and not with the rest because we had to take care of food HAHAHA. To quote kj, "when we free y'all busy, when y'all free we busy" HAHA sad :-( But ultimately we still got to talk with everyone so yayyyyy. ^-^ Had welfare patrol duty for wet & dirty games and went around to all the stations hehe actually the games look really fun!!! Got kinda tempted to get soak in the water too HAHA. Then it was time for dinner and then running man/sp games!! Had welfare patrol duty as well and omg running man was a chaotic mess HAHA B1 and I didn't dare to stay too long there because it was so violent hahaha. Reminds me of how I used to be so cui at this cos I can't run HAHAHAHA and thank goodness for Yongsheng who was such a great partner and was willing to accommodate my tortoise running speed T_T

Was so excited to visit the sp games because I didn't get to enjoy sp games last year :( Actually it was probably a blessing in disguise LOL #awkward. Tried to spy on the cute guys' sps but was too lazy anw HAHAHA. Didn't manage to use my 'boyboy girlgirl' voice HAHAHA but I had so much fun looking at their sp pairing names because laoniang came up with it with the help of B1!!! I am sorry to freshies with names like 'roti' and 'prata' LOL 我错了 but it is really hard to come up with like 160 pairs of sp names T_T And it's so cute when I see sps talking so happily omg ji cute yi xia!!!! And mini happy moment when I overheard them discussing about the games they played yesterday and saying how it was really good and fun etc hehe :') But sia la 原来 last year I was also one of them sitting down there and being eavesdropped omg my ogls/councillors probably heard every single stupid thing I said.............

Then finally night activities ended and adminz went to A101 to give out tshirts but omg the crowd came like even before we entered the room so it was a xiao panic moment LOL. But everyone was damn nice and waited patiently for us omg but it was like working in a storeroom/warehouse hahaha. Thankful for B1 and beiqing (our mama for 5 days) who helped me a lot!!! Glad that I had the foresight to print their names and sizes on pieces of paper too so I could just give them the paper and they can't come and find me with unreasonable additional demands because everything is there in black and white hahahaha. Glad that everything worked out fine in the end!!! :-)

Afterwards we counted power-ups but we're all from arts so um #cuimathmoment HAHA. Went to find A2 afterwards for a little while for first impressions but it was legit the first time I saw them so it was the genuine first impressions LOL. Came back after like 40 mins because the next day was beach day and I had a station whoopwhoop.

Day 3
Beach day aka the highlight of the camp!!! Even though I got terribly sunburnt last year, it remains as my fav day in the camp hehe. Also I am experienced enough to know that I really need to keep putting sunblock especially on shoulders and feet (say no to slippers tanline). And I wore a cap because I had scalp sunburnt the other time like wtf...... I even brought umbrella ok HAHAHA level upz. Took lorry to Sentosa hehe actually it's great being in ocomm because we have a lorry and a van to ferry us off to places like Sentosa/WCP/Zichar when the others need to take public transport LOL. But it's because we got to bring logs and buy water cartons etc la. But still!!! :-D Really thankful to Junyan who had to drive like 3 times to and fro school and Sentosa.

Reached Sentosa and it was set up + taking powerups + briefing and watched all the house cheers and dunking1101 hahahaha. I love cheering on beach day because cheer until half go inside the water really damn fun hahaha it's much more fun to be cheering than to be listening to the cheers from the land because actually you can't hear much with the water splashing and stuff LOL. Actually I love cheering a lot HAHAHA one sad thing about being an ocommer is that you gotta remain neutral and cannot cheer with your house which is xiao sad because doing house cheers is almost like an instinctive reaction y'know :| (But it's ok I can finally get back to what-say-you-say-I-say mode in Oweek hehe) #HousePride too strong hahaha especially during tug-of-war!!

Had a station (Kungfu Kick yo) with Kel, and GX came along too because he is "safety personnel" and our station could do with one more person hahaha. Actually really grateful that he joined us too because the playing field is quite big and the game can get xiao violent and there were many other things to take care of e.g. bribing councillors to help us refill buckets of water to cool down the playing field. This station really damn shag LOL I ownself also can't tank, kudos to the freshies for being so spontaneous and active!!! All the ogls/councillors damn nice also omg I was really damn touched when random ogls/councillors started to fan me (though I always think they just want powerups HAHAHA) and even offered me cold drinks and ask if I'm alright. Some of them even said stuff like "thanks" and "辛苦你了" before they leave my station and I really 小感动 because actually they also very tired :')

My first bua-ing experience was traumatic because our max was 100 that day and the first OG immediately demanded for 200 I was like wtf HAHAHA. They even targeted my lanyard omg scary. But Bryan came around and saved me with a 130 in the end LOL still over the limit but at least not 200 hahaha what is this inflated rate?!!?! But thankful to Bryan and the other house heads that I got to interact with like XW and even Kerk that gave me some advice for the game!! Well but other than that it was cute and lovely to see them cheering hehehe I especially requested for my fav cheer of the camp: the Instagram cheer!!! 我喜欢我喜欢 HAHAHA.

As for the station itself omg I had to step out of my comfort zone and shout at them because safety first hahaha but aiya I also understand that when they play games very hard to control their strength etc also because sometimes it's instinctive!! But still, gotta do my job HAHA. Kel was the hero of the day because he briefed them + was the referee because I know no shit about football so I tried my best to help him with other misc stuff like timing + safety + making sure they don't cheat + bribing councillors to refill water LOL. But gx say I rally the ogs v slow I xiao sad HAHAHA sorry I don't know how to rush people T_T Super duper grateful to Kel because he really did a lot and he was so nice to me too even though I was useless!!! He was so nice that he even asked me to put more sunblock because I was all red like a lobster even though he himself was like drowning in sweat ö Also super grateful to gx because he was nice enough to keep sharing his 100plus with me :') Also thankful to all the welfare/helpful people who dropped by like B1, Minyen and yg hehe 感动 daoooo.

Ended off beach station games 2 hours later hehe and I ended my station off by sacrificing Kel to be dunked HAHAHA I was trying to be nice to him though because it was so freaking hot on land and I would much rather be in the water hahahaha. Went off to find A2 and got dunked by gx anw hahaha but I managed to dunk him too whoopwhoop!! Then it was lunch and then beach war games!! Not on duty for war games this time round so B1 and I rested for a bit and watched the game from afar (too violent omg). Got back into action for the ever emotional tug-of-war and we instinctively stood behind our houses LOL. Can't cheer openly though :( Couldn't join in my fav we-will-do-it-with-our-friends cheer at the end but it's okzzzz!!!

Cleaned up and went off hehe. Supposed to take public transport in the end but B1 went to be vcomm for van and yg jio-ed me to go sit at the front of the lorry omg xiao excited because I think I only sat in front of the lorry like once or twice before hehe. Had a nice first-hand glimpse of junyan's smooth lorry driving skills omg he made it seems so easy :-(

Reached school and then went to buy zichar for ocomm dinner with B1, Han and Kel as driver!! Took the van there and sat at the back of the van sadly like a kidnapped child LOL. Ordered Kel to rest in the van because he was soooooo freaking tired and all of us felt so bad that we couldn't help him. :/ LOL but it was quite funny we were like 'YOU STAY HERE', 'DON'T GO WITH US' even though he eventually came to join us while we wait for the food hahaha. Had a nice chat with Han hahaha which was like my first time talking to him because I never got the chance to talk to him!! He's super sassy and hilarious though :'D Dabao the food back to TH (nearly got crushed by the generator in the van HAHAHA dramatic moment) and omg the food is SO NICE!!! Love love LOVE the salted egg squid omg best salted egg squid ever even better than wah chee pls. Don't remember its name but it's at West Coast!!!

Did laundry w B1 afterwards and omg laundry is actually free in halls wah too much sia I used to spend $2 every week washing and drying clothes LOL. Imagine the suaku us thinking 'eh where to put coin ah' and even asked Hannah about it and she was just like 'huh just use what'............ :-( Counted powerups afterwards and then went to find A2 along with gx, amanda and lynn! Awkward og politics once again sigh but it's all coooolz, glad to see some of my friends and seniors hehe. Actually had a good time with the 3 of them playing 4p R-O-C-K ROCK LOL damn intense when it's so few people okay because it's your turn very soon!!! Gx is such a sassy diva omg I cannot HAHAHA. Went back earlier with gx to get some sleep because we two really damn shag and I'm even advance party for the next day :( Then B1 abandoned me and went to join her og so I slept alone sobzzz.


Day 4
Woke up at like 7am cos advance party sigh HAHA went to logs room to find team 1 but only found Daniel sitting in the middle of the room like a lonely kid LOL apparently he woke up too early HAHAHA what even. Got all the logs and filled up all the water cartons (met a super nice cleaner auntie!!!) and off we went! Reached WCP and waited for our new locations hehe and yay my station was changed to a more shady (but also a lot more ulu) area. Went around spotting suitable spots for a badminton game and I had not enough raffia string so #panic moment. But deeksha came and help me out in the end and sourced for a suitable location so we had enough raffia string in the end hehe!! Very soon liqin reached and I was still trying to gobble down my breakfast when the first rotation came LOL a morning full of panicky moments sia. Thank goodness it was IHG so the ogls requested for extra time for them to break the ice first hehe. Liqin and I had a good time watching everyone be so awkward LOL. It's so awkward for everyone haha even for the ogls but I think it depends on the ogs too because some OGs look really happy and like they're having fun!! But they can't remember each other's name and call each other "pink shorts" etc LOL.

Had a fun but super tiring time being station masters because there were 9 rotations omg deaddd but at least my station was shady and windy so that's not too bad!!! :) Freshies were also active and Liqin and I tried very hard to make it more fun by shortening the game play etc hahahaha. Had a good time interacting with the freshies and the ogls too hehe. I love it when the house ICs come and visit because somehow they make things seem 1000000x more fun LOL IDK WHY. Liqin and I also had the motto of "just play for fun" because we keep saying that whenever they get too serious about the game and wanna complain etc LOL. We had such a tough time being referees because we can't remember the score for nuts LOLLLL we'll shout out different scores one HAHAHA like "6:8!" "eh no leh not 6:7 meh?" "no what is 6:8" HAHAHA then we'll be like "okay nvm they never notice". :'D But so so glad to have her helping me out because she's such a cheerful qtpie and sometimes when I'm briefing about the game halfway I will blank out then she will help me HAHAHAHA. We were basically in our 二人世界 for like 3 hours because we were so ulu that people won't even walk past us /moon face/. Thankful towards everyone who dropped by because we are so out of the way hehe thanks B1 for buying me miloooooo /hugs/

Afterwards we collected all our logs and went back to school to get ready for sp revelation/date night!! Went to help to supervise the set up of the date night dinner and the chicken stroganoff seriously looks, smells and tastes damn good!!! Saw cute sp couples walking in hehe but idk why they look so not awkward sigh I so wanted to laugh at their awkward faces but no :-( Maybe it's just me I'm da awkward turtle. Went to join the ocomm afterwards for some pictures and stuff and it's time for social night doom ci doom ci. Bus-ed there and went to visit my OG who was playing drinking games and went into Zouk w them and helped to take care of the girl freshies hehehe they damn cute HAHA and actually I'm glad to have them to dance awkwardly w me :'D Had fun with them for like 2hours before I went to take care of xiaodrunkzxc HAHA I felt like a mama :p Cabbed back with B1 before 4.30am HAHA and met an angsty uncle LOL. But well made it back alive hehe and managed to grab some sleep!! Feeling glad that I went social night in the end because if not idk what will happen /moon face/.

Finale Day
Breakfast stuff again hehe and it was my first time having a legit convo w yg without B1 omg I'm proud of myself for breaking out of my shell LOL. Then it was sponsorship talk and B1 and I escaped to the Deck for claims and had a chill session with zayn and alex too!! LOL @ Zayn telling us his half-drunk stories hahaha. Basically it was a very chill day for everyone LOL I think everyone's too tired to play anymore hahaha. But still we had finale war games at SRC!! Went to join in the fun at the end for the "plot twist" and we got waterbomb-ed so badly omg. Overheard one of the freshies going "omg what did the ocommers do to deserve this". INDEED. Was splashed so badly that I can't even see what was going on in front of me HAHA but it was quite shiok!!! :-D

Returned to LT11 for the closing and froze my butt off :-( Had some speeches, then finale video (which was really cool omg), and prize-giving etc hehe. Xiao touched when watching the finale video because I'm so happy to see all the freshies growing closer throughout the camp!!! :') Also means I'm now officially not a freshie and that I'm old sigh I kinda feel like an only child who just got a younger sister you know what I mean :-(

Went back to clubroom for final debrief + xw and bryan came and talk to us hehe xiao touched too they are so sweet!!!! Went to find A2 for a short while and had an awkz convo with some of the freshies while bus-ing to KR omg kill me pl0x HAHA.

Got home and TOTALLY CRASHED OMG the level of exhaustion is unbelievable.
===============================================================

Okay now that I'm done with the day-by-day events, time for some reflection HAHAHA. Well in the beginning I joined because I had nothing better to do and B1 was already in the comm and said they still needed people so she persuaded me to join too!! Originally I was gonna go for French immersion but decided not to in the end so I had a free June anw and decided to go for it! Decided to move my overseas trip to after the camp too hehe but sigh it makes me sad to realise how some people don't really commit to what they promised to, sigh is this how real life works??? Not aiming anyone but just a general realisation I had :( Kinda sad :(

Ok anyway!!! Joined admin w B1 cos they needed people and no regrets joining even though there's a lot of misc stuff to do haha but I find them kinda therapeutic sometimes and I have the best admin team anw and the best admin mama hehe. Also we get to get in touched w all the more secretive secretive stuff and hang out with the higher ups LOL don't jealous dajia. At first AC was a xiao burden due to the many meetings and I wasn't that interested in the games hehe but everything changed after precamp hehe because I finally got to talk to everyone properly hehe.

Someone from progs team 1 pulled out so I had to sub in kinda last min (like right before pre-camp) and even though initially I was damn lost and confused but in the end it was really fulfilling and I am secretly glad that I got to sub hahaha because I got the best of both worlds yo!!! Like 2 days of doing welfare, behind the scenes stuff and 2 days being station master and doing the front line stuff hahaha really cool and I got to appreciate both roles :-) Behind the scenes stuff need to be very meticulous and careful and it can be a thankless job but it also has its pros like seeing everything be nicely settled and everyone be happy hehehe and you get to see the event as a whole because you get to walk around and supervise the entire thing!! Frontline stuff can be very overwhelming especially when you have OGs after OGs coming to play your game for 2 hours straight and you legit have no time to do anything else, not even to look at what others are doing, because you gotta stay at your station and entertain the OGs and brief them and conduct game and get bua-ed and another OG arrives HAHA. So I'm glad that I got to try both!!! ^^

Time passes in a blur because there is literally no free time. Either you're conducting the activities or you're busy preparing for the next activity so everyone is always on the move and doing something!! If you're not then you'll be summoned by Alex to help out in doing something anyway HAHA I actually miss his "eh who got nothing to do?" "eh you got nothing to do right". After the activities you'll do logs recovery and debrief and then shower etc by then it's like 2 or 3am and you still need to wake up early tomorrow for breakfast stuff/advance party/games prep so just nua and sleep HAHA. So unlike being a freshie/councillor where there are actually chill time like after lunch/before games/at night for group games or htht HAHA. So the days really flew past and I was actually a lil sad when the last day arrived because everything's over :(

Really grateful to have such amazing ocommers who are always helpful and up for anything like during the camp people will just help you when you need help even though they are not from your team/not supposed to be doing this anw!! Glad to have gotten closer to some people who will always look out for me like Mel (she is damn nice), my fellow station masters Kel, gx and liqin who were my biggest pillar of support in that few hours of game play, all the people who came by with welfare, YG who was almost like an admin member, team 1, B1 and the rest of my admin team + admin mama BQ HAHAHA. Definitely got to thank our dear pd Clement and the rest of the exco Alex, Steve, Dan too because they are the best leaders ever and are ever so nice and courteous in instructing us that we can't even feel angsty when we have to do stuff!! They're also the ones who are the most exhausted yet they always set a good example for us and are forever punctual and forever running here and there to settle problems!! And they're also the mood-makers and are forever hyping up the atmosphere HAHA. Special thanks to Clems for being the most non-naggy pd I've ever seen HAHA I LOVE the short and sweet debriefs!!! Thanks everyone, y'all made all the late nights and early mornings worth it :')

Super glad that AC 2015 ended perfectly hehe and I'm really glad I got to contribute back to AC because AC 2014 was honestly the best camp I've ever been to and I'll never forget that. Glad that I was able to try out 3 different roles too because I got to see things from 3 different perspectives hehe. Camps usually drain my energy because I'm the kind that needs alone-time to recharge myself and I'm glad that we had rooms in TH this time round because I can't handle all that energy HAHA and B1 is almost like family so I don't need to bother talking to her HAHA. Well, next up, RVRC camp!






♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx