<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: AC Precamp
Posted on: Friday, June 5, 20158:13 PM

Just ended precamp and I'm back at home feeling ultra tired (trying to avoid using the word "shag" cos it sounds so crude HAHAHA but then "tired" really doesn't bring out the level of exhaustion I'm feeling right now )
I didn't even realise I'm this tired until I reached home LOL this always happens to me. For some reason I can keep the energy level high when I'm out but once I reach home I just deflate like a balloon and wanna crawl back into my cave HAHA. But even home looks strange because I haven't been home for 3 days HAHAHA.
Precamp was tiring but so great. More things to be done after this but I had so much fun!!! Feel especially happy to have talked to my fellow comm members a lot more because previously I really didn't know who is who and always hang out at the club room awkwardly LOL. And I've got super nice station masters who help me out so much HEHEHE. And my comm members are so hilarious I really cannot HAHAHAHA.
Had lots of fun being both admin and team 1 because I got to enjoy the best of both worlds HAHAHA. So essentially I got to try out everything so yay! Had so much fun being station master, running errands, helping out with the logistics, taking care of stuff etc.
Getting bua-ed also wasn't as scary as I imagined it to be because it was kinda entertaining HAHA. But sometimes I really don't know what expression to give HAHAHA.
Well it was a great experience overall and I managed to overcome many fears (LOL) and I can't wait for arts camp!!!! The freshies are gonna have a greaaat time hehe.

[EDIT]
K this is my attempt at making a more detailed post so that I actually have something to read in the future because the above ^ sounds way too vague.

Day 0: 
Reported at 2pm (actually I reached at like 1.20pm so I went to the CLB to nap but there were wayyy too many people walking around in the library.... during school holidays whut guys whut) at the Club Room. Went to get administrative stuff done (aka printing of power-ups) at CLB and learned a great bunch of stuff like the different weights of different paper and how heavy the printer/photocopier can handle etc etc. Legit thought printers can handle all kinds of paper but I guess not HAHAHA. Also realised that I'm quite experienced at this printing thing hehe all because of AYLTLC when I printed lots of stuff too HAHAHA. Totally felt the wrath of the printing aunties though because we damn burden LOL omg felt so bad :-( 
Went back to the club room and cut up like 50+ pages of power-ups omg. But I realised I'm quite fast at cutting stuff too HAHAHA and a lot of other people helped us to cut too so it was fun!! (Actually I find it quite therapeutic LOL) 

Went for steamboat afterwards and I guess it's my first actual time talking to my other comm members hahaha because usually we'll just hang out with our own team. Everyone's so nice because I was on the outer circle and couldn't get to the food directly HAHA so they kept asking if I wanted food and kept taking for me so I felt so pampered and grateful ^_^ 
Mini chitchat session with some of the others (like really random cos we just randomly sat down and began talking) where we talked about our funny stories HAHA actually I have a lot but I can't really remember already and also the stories seemed funnier when it actually happened??? But now, not so much HAHA. Got closer with other people from other teams tho like Melissa and Audrey so yayyyy hehe.

Afterwards admin went to settle a very lacklustre registration and went back to as7 to shower and then I spent the rest of my night feeling stressed because I'm subbing team 1 and I'm a head station I/C for 5 other station masters but I myself don't even know what's going on HAHAHA. Had to keep asking Mar questions and typed out 2 long chunks of message to the rest!! (While the rest was playing games sobs) And the next day I realised that I added a wrong person to the group HAHAHA this totally shows my level of (un)familiarity man HAHA but all was well in the end!!

Day 1:
Chill morning because I didn't have any role to do but B1, Nick and I went to visit all the station games to check them out just in case we need to sub them in the future or anything. The games are actually really fun!!! And once again, everyone's so friendly HAHAHA and they welcomed us happily and showed us how to play the games even though I know they didn't even know our names back then HAHAHA. Helped B1 a bit with the lunch and then afterwards we started getting split up because of our separate roles sobs HAHA. I think I'm really damn overly attached to her because I will keep looking for her when we gather back tgt?!? Or maybe I just need more friends HAHAHA. 

Went to do route markings for SJ afterwards and I nearly died omg but luckily it was in the day. Can't elaborate much for what happens after that because it was too messy HAHAHA but it was just lots of walking and decorating and waiting... Made friends with a girl from T House though so yay hehe it was actually quite fun from my POV LOL. Actually I was damn clueless throughout the whole thing and was so afraid I'd screw the whole thing up but thankfully everything ended!!! Really grateful and sorry to everyone who had to tahan my cluelessness. :(

Helped to collate supper orders afterwards and I think that's when everyone finally really know my name HAHA. Actually I was pleasantly surprised by a few cases whereby I thought they didn't know my name but they did!! Xiao happy when they called my name and approached me or even whatsapped me personally.......... To give their supper orders la HAHAHA but uhhhh better than nothing right?! :D 

Didn't order supper though because I wasn't hungry and B1 didn't order too and the two of us very zibi-ly went to sleep first HAHAHA. But whiny B1 really need to maintain HAHAHA. Was really grateful for that rare moment of relative solitude though because the past 2 days were too action-packed and filled with people HAHA the introverted me needs some alone time to regain energy HAHAHA. Introverted still go join camps really is 找死 omg I'm gonna be so mentally exhausted after 6 days of Arts Camp.................. 

Day 2:
Beach dayyyy! Got to take the lorry early in the morning (while I was eating breakfast halfway LOL) cos I'm a 2nd I/C hehe!! And actually I only got to talk to my main I/C Kelvin the day before when I asked him if he needed any help because I scared he doesn't recognise me then I paiseh HAHAHA. The advanced party reached at like 6am omg really is very advanced........ Helped him to prep the station etc (actually I'm not really a help) and went for a mini game of soccer with the rest of Team 2 HAHA. Was super hesitant to join in initially because I'm REALLY not kidding when I say I suck and have no sports talent. :( And to think I learned soccer in JC during PE sia omg. HAHA but then Alex keep asking me to join then idw to be anti-social also so... But okay I wasn't that bad of a black hole HAHA I just didn't really make any significant contribution :| 

Afterwards the houses came and we started off Beach Day YAY. Initially it was really damn hot and I really pitied the poor councillors who had to play soccer on sand with their barefeet omg. But yigang and alex came around with buckets of water to wet the playing field so it wasn't that bad hehe. Also pushed all the briefing to Kelvin while I timed them and took down feedback because I'm a loser HAHA. I really don't like briefing them cos I scared people don't understand what I'm talking about /moon face/ Okay need to get over this obstacle ASAP because during the actual camp there's probably gonna be many many more rounds and I can't possibly let Kelvin brief all of them sighhhh. But ya I was xiao useless HAHAHA I always think I'm talking damn loudly but like they cannot hear leh HAHAHA.

Also had my first bua-ing experience omg initially I thought it was going to be majorly awkward but actually it was kinda entertaining HAHAHA. But I didn't know where to look HAHA like it's damn weird to look at them in the eyes while they do the cheers??? And the awkwardly frozen smile on my face HAHAHA last warningz. But still it was quite fun and I saw my french classmate Samuel and successfully sabo-ed him to sing a song for extra power-ups HAHAHAHA can you imagine his embarrassment HAHAHA. 

Chilled and chatted w Kelvin when there were no OGs coming and realised he's from A House too!! We both decided to not get dunked that day and promised not to sabo each other but unfortunately some time after that he still got dunked and his phone suffered a tragic death :( Felt quite sad for him and quite bad because he still had to continue manning the station even when I could see his mood totally went down :( But I did what I could to help ok (trying to make myself seem less useless now LOL) and helped to gather back the logistics after the game ended while he went to dry his phone!! 

Hopped around the after stations afterwards because theirs haven't ended and unfortunately got sabo-ed by Daniel and I couldn't even fight against him cos his power-ups too upz LOL. But actually I think dunking me is a very boring thing because I actually don't mind getting dunked HAHAHA I secretly think it's quite fun ah HAHAHA somemore I can swim so it's really not that big of a deal /moon face/. So I really discourage people from dunking me because there's really no excitement when the intended dunking party is so willing HAHAHA. Thankfully didn't get sabo-ed by Kelvin tho because he totally wanted to do that since he already got dunked. Though I seriously considered agreeing to it since he was already so sad about his phone HAHAHAHA.

Afterwards it was pizza for lunch and yay I got to hang out with B1 again HAHAHA. Chilled a while before going to help War Games and it was quite an experience because it was so chaotic LOL. I had like wet sand spraying all over me because everyone was running and stuff. :| Got to practise my whistle-blowing though although probably nobody cared at all HAHA. Heard some mean people that purposely wanted to aim water bombs at people's faces and I was like 'wtf????' seriously -_- 

Went back to school to shower (yay for TH) and ordered ameens for dinner/supper and omg ordering food for so many people is seriously not a fun job HAHA but oh well. Played bridge afterwards w B1, Haoqin and Weeteck and it was damn funny cos Haoqin is a newbie (and I'm a newbie too omg) and half the time we don't know what's going on HAHAHA. Damn cui but bridge is fun hehe!!

Day 3:
Woke up and went to LT11 early to attempt to help out with breakfast but ended up being not much of a help anyway HAHAHA. Took of to WCP on the lorry again yayyyy! It was my first time at WCP LOL. Set up my station and thankfully my station was near other stations too so a few of us chilled at the shade hehe. Chatted about nothing until OGs started streaming in hehe. Had fun bonding with Liqin and she's an awesome 2nd I/C HEHE she's much more experienced than I am LOL. It was also her birthday but the comm was preparing to surprise her later so I had to act like I didn't know and I felt so bad :-( 

Had lots of welfare in the form of sprayed water and macs drinks and stuff hehe and guoxiong is seriously the highlight of the day (and maybe the camp) omg he's so diva-ish and funny HAHAHAHA I really cannot man #A2pride!!! Also glad that I'm experienced enough to bring all my sunblock + cap + umbrella with me now HAHAHA I managed to return home with only slightly darker skin!!! My sunburnt shoulders from the previous arts camp seriously scarred me for life LOL.

Chilled around the children's playground with B1 afterwards because we were too tired to join in the archery tag game. But no joke the children's playground was really fun too LOL. And we hid inside a children's bus afterwards hehehehe it's so cute!! Walked back to school afterwards and had a fun time talking crap with B1, Haoqin, Yigang and Kelvin HAHA. Lunch was AWESOME hehe but actually personally I thought all the camp food this time round was not bad!!! I secretly really liked the chicken rice which many didn't hahaha are my expectations really low or....... Also I like spicy food too so yay and tbh the food wasn't even that spicy HAHAHA. Didn't know that so many people couldn't take spicy food omg I thought it was the norm Ö Well I learn new things everydayyyy. 

Had debrief + photo-taking + birthday surprise for Liqin and cabbed home with Khatib-ians Haoqin and Minyen!! Ok yup that's all hehe :) 


♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx