Last paper on the 6th but I can't get my lazy bum to study!!! Been catching up on my looooong overdue readings here and there but I'm nowhere done haha. Long breaks really do not equal to more time to study ;_;
Dad was back for the past 1 week so yay lots of good food and car rides!!! Visited ORTO (Used to be Bottle Tree Park!) and ate some SUPER GOOD Chinese food. Like legit one of best Chinese restaurants I've ever eaten before. Good quality food (the seafood damn fresh) and they had a pretty interesting selection of food so none of that boring mainstream Chinese food. Prawns with Sakura sauce??? Super yumz. The service was also really great like all of them were so smiley and polite and one of the waitresses would ask us how did we find the food etc and would make friendly small talk. It's called 'Long Jiang Chinos' hehe go eat it ok so that it will not close down HAHAHA. The view and all were really nice too because it's beside the lake/pond thing and I thought there would be mosquitoes but nopppp! :D
Celebrated Mothers' Day in advance too because my dad's here and he cooked his 拿手好菜 a.k.a fried chicken wings and fries HAHAHA. His another 拿手好菜 is maggi mee HAHAHA. But those are legit though because his frying skills are REALLY GOOD. He somehow manages to make the wings and fries crispy on the outside and soft/juicy on the inside. And he makes sure to fry them twice to force the oil out so the food won't be oily and soggy. Ok don't ask me how this works I have no idea. I need to find a boyfriend ASAP for him to learn from my dad because my mum, my sis and I are too scared to fry stuff!!!!!
But I love how he marinates the wings too and everytime I eat them I feel like I'm in heaven HAHAHA legit the best wings EVER. We always say he should open a food stall and name it 'Fat Uncle's' because ya he's fat /moon face/. As for maggi mee he gets the timing just right so his noodles are always chewy but not hard AND I LOVE ITTTT HEHEHE. Ok very sadly these are all junk food so he only cooks them like once a year :(
As for my sis and I we decided to bake brownies HAHAHA. Apparently brownies are the easiest thing to bake but my mum seriously got no talent in baking desserts because she failed ._. She even used those brownie mix thing ._. But she's so great at cooking, making dumplings, making buns and pies and even baking baked rice and stuff but she just seem to not be able to bake desserts hahahaha. Ok I think the reason is that she is so health conscious that she gets so disturbed by the amount of butter/sugar etc that she has to put and she always end up putting something else to substitute or just put less HAHAHA. But desserts are a sensitive bunch so the proportions are quite important HAHA.
So anw my mum loves brownies but since she can't bake them, my sis and I will do it for her! Though we are also a lazy bunch (and we actually never really tried baking on our own before, home econs does not count), so we went to search for Nutella brownies so we can save the hassle of mixing cocoa powder and sugar and all that. So in the end it was just a 3-ingredient recipe and it was honestly very easy HAHA. The actual baking part was quite worrisome though because it makes or breaks the whole thing but we were extra careful about that. Like we checked the oven every 5-10 mins HAHA. Didn't really know when to stop baking HAHAHA but they turned out to be REALLY GREAT. Like really. I think HAHAHA. I really liked it and my mum said it was great too so yay!
Okay other than that.... Have been doing everything other than studying! So excited for my post-finals plans like Hokkaido and stuff and I can't stop googling things hehe. So sad seeing my friends done with finals and Kim even flew to Sydney already T_T I need to get myself together or else I won't be able to forgive myself for not scoring for this mod after a 7-day break!!!