<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: Bye 2014, Hello 2015
Posted on: Friday, January 2, 201511:22 PM

(Yes yes I know I still have my Eastern Europe trip and Jay Chou concert posts hahaha)

So it's already the second day of 2015 (just wasted 2 days away oh yay I think that totally foreshadows what's going to happen in the rest of the year) but it's never too late to start doing this okay!!!

Bye 2014:

2014 was full of new beginnings and lots of excitement (and anxiety). First job, getting back results, going overseas with my mum, going for Arts Camp, going back for Arts O'week as freshie councillor, starting uni, learning a new language, staying in RVRC, Jay Chou's concert etc etc. These were the major things that happened in 2014 and I'm really grateful for all of these opportunities. 

My 2014 resolution was to be kind, be positive etc (the usual). But there was a different one, which was to step out of my comfort zone. It was my first time aiming to step out of my comfort zone, maybe because change scares me, and maybe because there is finally something new to step into since I'm kinda sorta a little bit out of the educational system (har har har). Still in Singapore and still studying but yeap there is really a lot more flexibility and new things. 

So looking back at my resolutions, I would say I'm pretty satisfied! I really tried my best to step out of my comfort zone and I feel pretty proud of myself HAHA. There is definitely room for improvement but I think I did pretty well, so thumbs up for myself!

The Good:
- Worked for the first time and earned my own money (woohoo) HAHAHA pathetic sum because I'm an lazy ass but it was enough to last for my entire 8 months of holidays (because I barely left the house LOL) 
- Went for an orientation camp (actually TWO orientation camps!) willingly (HAHAHA). Nobody hates orientation camps more than I do but Arts Camp was G-R-E-A-T and I would definitely want to join again!!! Had such an incredible OG and amazing seniors and I couldn't be more grateful! Still close to my A2 Koi Buddies and I have a feeling this friendship is going to last :') Even I myself don't know how we can click in like 5 days but I think the mindset of going there to make friends + lupsup cheers probably helped a lot HAHAHA. Stepped out of my comfort zone A LOT in these camps anw because: first clubbing experiences, lupsup cheers, lupsup forfeits and the ever-entertaining SP nights HAHAHA. 
- Worked hard throughout the semester and achieved the CAP that I wanted, so yay it's a good start to my uni life!
- Gotten closer with my family (esp. my mother!) after living outside because I miss my mum and her food and everything about her sobs :( HAHA but it really made me appreciate my family even more and put in more effort to be with them/do things for them :')
- Gotten closer to some of my JC classmates too (so ironic I know). Wasn't that close to them in JC HAHA but I guess it is just super heartwarming to see someone you know in uni!
- Gotten closer to my fellow burden wingyan (hi wingyan I know you're reading this) HAHAHA I swear even though we are in the same clique we never knew each other that well because we've always been from different classes in sec school + different sections in CO + different JC... We didn't even come from the same primary school or live in the same area so ya.... I still remember feeling kinda panicky about contacting her and jio-ing her to go FASS open house because we were that not close and I have social anxiety (har har har wingyan). But thankfully things were not that awkz (HAHAHA) and we ended up signing up for arts camp tgt and even going back to oweek tgt and even staying in the same hostel so yay love you bb.
- Also gotten closer to my fellow burden yurou even though we've always be quite close since we were classmates for 2 years but then we sort of were not that close for 4 years because we weren't classmates anymore but still close but now we are even closer HAHA.
- Also really grateful that I was able to meet up with my burdens, singlets, three musketeers and laoban (though infrequent). Everyone's so busy with life but everyone still makes the effort to meet hehe I love y'all!!!

The Bad:
- Definitely the passing away of a very lovely classmate. It still saddens me so much when I chance upon his photos on Facebook :( Life is so short and can be so unfair. It's still so hard to believe he's gone, but he's always gonna be in my mind and in my heart. 
- For a period of time I was like majorly stressed about school HAHA it was quite terrible because I was so overwhelmed with life in general and I felt like I couldn't catch up yo. But now I've (hopefully) successfully transitioned to uni life and I believe I won't be so anxious next sem!!!

HELLO 2015: 

To be improved:
- MAKE MORE FRIENDS (because I've sort of stopped at my OG and I definitely need to step my game up and make more friends from my major, my modules and my hostel!) Yes making friends takes constant effort and sometimes I just forget that and I retreat back into my comfort zone and keep relying on people that I'm familiar with. So nope no more of that next year IMMA BE A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY. Time to practise my 'do-you-wanna-be-friends-with-me' smile again AHA.
- Stress management HAHAHA. And to continue to work hard consistently! 
- Continue to put in effort for my family /inserts heartshapes/
- Continue to put in effort for my friends /inserts heartshapes/
- Continue to aim to be kind, be appreciative, be positive and be grateful for everything :) 
- CONTINUE TO STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE. (Still working on that solo Tokyo trip! Gonna book the tickets once I see a cheap deal, NO MORE BEING INDECISIVE)
- Try to be more decisive (HAHAHA) 

All in all 2014 has been a great year, and I really hope 2015 will be too! :) HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD EVERYONE.


♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx