Legit just spent 10 minutes finding a nice piece of lyric for my post title. But I couldn't. Usually I try to find from the songs that I heard/have been listening to but this time round I couldn't find one that suits me! Like all of the songs are so sappy/about love and that's totally not how I feel right now?! Yeap so I decided to use a song that I've probably quoted a thousand times HAHA. Yes it's "Empire State of Mind" again and I think it's actually one of my favourite songs. I rarely have favourite anything because I'm okay with everything but if you asked me to choose my fav song this would definitely be one of them. Mainly because it's pop-hiphop genre and idk, the song just makes me feel like anything is possible hahaha. Definitely need to blast this song if I ever get the chance to visit New York HAHAHA.
But anyway, life update! Hell week 13 is finally HALF over but yes that's good enough!!! Done with GEM presentation (I didn't even present HAHA) and French oral!!! Omg I realise that the biggest burden is actually french oral LOL couldn't stop worrying about it!!! BUT YES IT'S FINALLY OVERRR. Would say it went pretty well! Even though I made a ridiculously stupid mistake by saying bonjour (hello) instead of au revoir (goodbye) at the end omg WHAT WAS I EVEN THINKING. -_- But anw it's great that I made new friends in French lessons and I'm so thankful for my usual tutorial buddy Hailing! ^^ Anw I know I've been complaining about French hahaha and I always say that I'm not sure if I want to continue taking French mods but yeah I think I would. They sent us an email telling us about choosing the French 2 mod timeslots and I was like "omg so fast need to decide?!" and yeahhhhh it really made me think about whether I should continue and I decided that I should! Even though it makes me go like 'wtf' after every lecture but it's really kinda fun and sigh I just love how all the French tutors are so nice and passionate, especially my tutorial tutor Ms Bernadette! She's soooooo cute and hyper. Sooo yeah and also I think we can get the beginner level language certificate after French 2 HAHAHAHA at least get the certificate first right?!!! #KIASU
Anyway, I finally finally finally changed my phone! No more Blackberry boo. Yes people can finally stop being so astonished about my phone choice hahaha, I've had enough of "Omg you're still using a blackberry?!" like I'm from the 1990s or smth HAHAHA. And no more questions like "Does it have a camera?" HAHA. After a lotttt of consideration I finally settled for a Sony (yes another weird choice of phone HAHA). As usual I spent like 3 weeks deciding on a phone I think my family and friends got so tired of hearing me trying to decide what to get :'D But I got a Sony Z3 Compact because of its (relatively smaller) size and its price! Been using it for a couple of days and I think it's pretty good! As usual I did all of my research before buying it (probably read like 100000 articles/reviews NO JOKE) so I already know everything about it and its performance is up to my expectations! Especially the battery life omg. Sad to say I used to have to charge my BB for like 3 times a day LOL. Now I just need to charge every other day ^^ Feels kinda weird to do that though HAHA but I can definitely get used to this! Also feel weird being able to access instagram/snapchat/all the other apps wherever I go because blackberry didn't allow me to download those apps LOL. Trying to get used to my newfound technological freedom yo.
Anyway I realise I always like to buy those weird/non-mainstream phones omg. I remember back in primary school people were using Nokia and I had a Samsung phone back then HAHAHA. Then when people started using Sony Ericsson phones in secondary school, I used a Nokia HAHAHA. And when people were starting to use iPhones I was using an LG phone. And then when more and more people were using iPhones/Samsung, I used a Blackberry. And yes now as people continue to use iPhones/Samsung I decided to go for a Sony. :'D And yes I've almost tried phones from all the different companies YAY.
Okay, back to academics, my results are at a standstill because there are no improvements and I'm forever stuck at the average range ~_~ I mean it doesn't sound too bad but average is not the way to go for CAP 5 right. HAHAHAHAHA. Just kidding. Can CAP 4 I damn happy alr! I'm getting the worst results for NM (which is my intended major) and getting better results for all my other mods omg where is the logic?!!! My best midterm result was actually soci which DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE I WANTED TO S/U IT!!! /sigh/ I guess interest =/= good results and lack of interest =/= bad results too what is this man. Such is life.
Anw other than academics, been hanging out a lot with my friends as well yay. Spent lots of time with wingyan (hiiiii baby) last week and I've been eating lunch with yurou on Thursdays! Even though we live at the same place we really don't see each other often because of our conflicting schedules and timezones HAHA (she's the kind who can sleep at 4am omg). Went for dinner with the Burdens on Monday as well, it feels like it's been foreverrrr since I last saw them. Can't wait to meet up with The Singlets after finals/alevels as well as the Three Musketeers!! :') Sigh I always feel so sorry towards my friends when I can't meet them often :-( Sorry guys I'm not abandoning y'all :-(
Went for a mini house gathering/chill session yesterday night and played fun card games and ate supper! Ok I rarely do this because most of the time I feel so burdened by the things I need to do but I'm glad that I took this chance to just chill and forget about studies for like 2 hours haha. I feel like I'm slowly learning how to take things easy now. (Yes after 12 weeks....) Initially I was just so stressed about studies because for some reason I felt the need to be always studying and constantly be prepared that I sometimes OVER-study/prepare myself that it made me miss out on all the fun! Ok but now I need to remind myself to not be overly chill about things because finals are coming HAHA. Haven't been feeling the stress for finals and it kinda worries me D:
Once again, I'm so looking forward to my trip and I can't wait for the holidays to come!!! I feel so excited for all the things that would be happening during my holidays, mainly sleeping and eating, and I just feel like, yes, life is full of possibilities HAHA. To quote Empire State of Mind, "there's nothing you can't do!"
Anw, English presentation tmrw omg I'm actually quite nervous for it?!! My problem set is actually really hard omg I hope my classmates will understand what I'm talking about tmrw. Wish me luck!