This post is very nicely titled 'La vie en rose' because I want to show off my French skills. JUST KIDDING. Was just finding a nice title that suits what I'm going to write about and decided to use this since I've been titling my posts "Positivity" too many times, and it feels weird to just leave my posts untitled because it makes it looks so unstructured. Also, I've been blogging in point-forms too often lately and most of my posts are about my boringgggggggg school life so I hope this post will be more interesting??? (Ok no don't think so)
But anyway 'La vie en rose' literally translates to 'life in pink', which actually means seeing life through rose-coloured glasses, which also means being positive HAHAHA. Ok yes now you know what this means, welcome to French 101. Speaking of French, my oral marks are not bad too omg I'm so proud of myself!!! I actually think I have LOTS of exam luck because I really know no shit during lectures/tutorials but I somehow do quite well for exams (not trying to jinx myself here....) But ya, it's true because my exam performance always exceeds my expectations (or maybe I just have zero expectations LOL). But yes anyway, even though I got relatively good results for French, I am still super confused in class LOL. Went to this week's tutorial feeling like ??? because I don't know what everyone's talking about........ ;_; That's why I'm forever feeling like I should drop the mod after the lesson HAHA.
Ok but I think the results really boost my interest in French LOL because I'm more motivated to learn it now!!! Also today I went to Poulet for a lunchdate with my mum and they actually used basic French like Bonjour (as you all know, this means 'hello) and merci beaucoup (meaning thanks a lot) and I felt quite happy hearing what I learnt being applied HAHA. If I ever want to look for a job as a French restaurant waitress I guess I'll have an advantage??? HAHA,
Went to the Hungarian Embassy with my mum and sis today morning and it was such an interesting experience hahaha. Pretty small room but it was quite cool because they had the Eastern Europe maps and flags and all around. First-time Schengen visa applicants have to provide their biometric data (digital photo and fingerprints) so that's why we had to be there personally. And by fingerprints I don't mean thumbprints, I mean ALL 10 OF YOUR FINGERS. Sis and I were quite fast with all these scanning but my mum took sooooooooo long because the system refused to accept her fingerprint HAHAHA. It was pretty hilarious. She tried all sorts of ways but they all didn't work. After at least 20 minutes she finally got it done and we (minus my sister cos she wanted to go to school to study!) went to grab lunch at Poulet which was pretty good! Badass me suggested trying escargots even though my mum was pretty hesitant about it. But in general we're both pretty adventurous when it comes to food so I decided to order it! I'm probably only adventurous about food, would much rather eat fried insects than, to say, do bungee jumping. (so loser I know) It tasted better than I expected HAHA and it was pretty cheap too so yay! Generally the food's pretty value-for-money and the serving is large so plus points for that! (Might be doing an update about it in my food blog @ ziyueee.blogspot.com, but I didn't bring my camera along so there's only my noob Blackberry quality pictures)
Okay afterwards I had to rush back to school for French and I legit felt sad while saying goodbye to my mum and even while otw to school because I wanted to spend more time with her :-( SOBS I AM SUCH A MUMMY'S GIRL. And I didn't even know I was one :-( I guess living outside of home really puts things into perspective hahaha.
Really proud of my mum though because I know this planning of Eastern Europe trip has not been easy for her! Like because we have to go through an extra process of visa application and she had to go find out everything herself and sometimes the website is in like, foreign language LOL. She had to prepare lots of documents as well because she wanted us to be able to get the visa in a single try, because if not it's damn burden. So she spent agessss researching and reading what others prepared and went around printing this and that, scanning this and that, writing sponsorship letters etc. But she went there all prepared so I'm soooo proud of her!!! Also she's not super fluent in English and technology and she's been so worried about this visa application thing for ages and I'm just super proud of her for managing all of this alone.
Really respect both of my parents a lot in terms of how hardworking and dedicated they are because they put in so much effort for everything they do. Like my parents are from China so as you can imagine their English is quite bad initially, but they really put in hell lots of effort in order to improve hahaha. Like my house used to have lots and lots of those kind of English-Chinese guidebooks and I saw my dad made lots of remarks and notes beside them. And when I was younger, my mum wanted to be able to teach us stuff at home/keep up with the school curriculum so she made notes about my primary school science curriculum LOL. Like she looked up the words in Chinese etc so that she'll know what we're learning and be able to help us/clarify our doubts! I don't say this enough, but my respect for my parents is crazy high. Also crazy proud of them for completing their CFA and Masters while working! And the English in their textbooks is no joke one sia I couldn't understand a single shit when I read the textbooks because it was so technical LOL.
Also, I've been rushing to and fro home these 2 days because I have activities in school but I also want to be home to give my sis some moral support for her O'levels tmrw! Don't think it helps much la HAHA but I feel like it's better to know that I'm back home giving her my support as well!!! I even lent her my bunny to sleep with her tonight as encouragement okay #greatestsacrifice But yeah, I felt happy that I managed to talk to my sister today morning and gave her some tips as well hehe. I'm obviously super proud of my sister even though sometimes she annoys the hell out of me hahaha but she's so smart, so hardworking and so disciplined (which is everything that I am not?!!?) ;_; I'm sure she'll do well hehehe :-) Though I do feel like quite a fail sister in the sense that I can't help much in terms of academics HAHA, like whenever she asks me a question I'm just like, "I really don't know, maybe you want to ask your teacher?" HAHAHA but I really don't know okay, I seriously can't remember what I learnt LOL and I don't want to mislead her!!! I think I've only been able to help her like twice HAHAHA. But yessss, hoping to spend some quality time with her after her O'levels and after my finals! ^^
Back to boring academics, soci mid-terms was better than I expected (I expected myself to completely blank out and not remember anything) because I did write something and I think it sort of made sense. But with soci, YOU NEVER KNOW because it's so abstract LOL. For all I know I could have been writing rubbish. But well what's over is over and I'm finally done with mid-terms!!! But I have a couple of projects ongoing so life is not a lot better HAHA.
Had volleyball assessment today which was quite fail but was way more fun than I expected!!! Words can't express how much I love my volleyball coach (even though he probably hates me) because he is so cute and encouraging and friendly and smiley!!! I don't like volleyball itself but I like him a lot HAHA he makes volleyball more bearable. Alsoooo I love my fellow volleyball team-mates because I've been SUCH a terrible burden but they're all so nice and friendly to me as well. They're always asking me to jiayou even though I still fail LOL. Special thank you to Wingyan who has to pair up with me and suffer with me because I'm so cui, love ya baby. I think I'm actually going to miss seeing these people every week! :-(
Also I like my NM assignment 2 team-mates a lot because they're so awesome, like Sarah came up with all these crazily pretty app designs and I just can't even. How did she manage to do that, I will never know. Keith and Tay Lin are also super enthusiastic and I loveeee it hahaha. We make a pretty efficient team!!! In the beginning I was so scared of being grouped together with them because they're year 2/3/4 and Sarah is even from biz and I'm just a noob year 1??? I do still feel like the burden of the group (wlao is "Burden" the theme of my life or what) but they're all very nice to me and I can talk pretty easily with them!! ^^ And they said they like this group arrangement a lot too so that means they like me right?! HAHAHA. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with them but sadly we're gonna get a different randomized grouping for assignment 3 :(
Moving on, I'm also so glad to have great friends like Yiwen who is so sweet and considerate and ever so encouraging, as well as Jiaee who is willing to wait for me to drive me back home. I would totally marry jiaee if I could man HAHAHA.
Well this is a pretty messy post because I don't know how to structure it HAHA but yes it's basically me feeling grateful to everyone. Also, 4 more weeks of school guyssssss, I can do it!