So I'm finally back from RVRC Orientation which was pretty awesome! ^_^
Day 2:
- Telematch in the morning aka playing some station games which were quite fun but mild la HEHE BUT I LIKE cos I'm a lazy bum :p Managed to get to know other groups as well which was great since we'll all be living together :) One memorable thing was that we won the Captain's Ball game when we thought we would totally lose since our rival group seemed very sporty and competitive >_< AND I MADE A GOAL OKAY OMGGGGGG. Three cheers and three cheers and three cheers to me! \(^o^)/
- Lunch was pretty good! In fact the lunch for this camp was really pretty good I ate more than what I ate for arts camp HAHA. I'm so happyyyyyyyy! Also took a couple of group selfies using my selfie stick woohoo! I know it's very judge-worthy HAHA but it's awesome okay!!!
- Amazing Race was quite fun as well!! Like the tasks and stuff were easy to do and it was really fun exploring the school :) Also guys be prepared to see me hanging around the medicine area HAHA I'm on my way to finding a hot medicine guy ;-) Also I think we bonded even more during the Amazing Race hehe lots of chilling and chatting so it was super fun!
- Went all the way to SP to get the famous Llaollao with Wingyan and we were so lost... Wandered around for at least 20 minutes before finally finding our way omg you don't even know the excitement when we finally saw the shop HAHA. I have to say that Llaollao is pretty amazing!!!!! I'm really quite impressed omg I love the yoghurt it has a very rich flavour and the fruits go so well with it and it's just yumz. And I think $5.90 is quite a reasonable price for it as well because I remember the other time I ate sogurt and it was like $6.50 or something and it wasn't even that good ^^ So yeap, highly recommended! ^o^
- Also got a muscle ache after the telematch which is quite terrible and embarrassing because it wasn't even that intense HAHA. Yes I am terribly unfit :-(
Day 3:
- ABCD (Asset-Based Community Development) in the morning which we basically have to list out our gifts/skills etc and then we will be grouped according to our skills and to try to brainstorm out an interest group since RVRC has none now hahahaha. Ok I joined the music one but actually I'm not thaaaaaaaaat interested in it HAHA everyone is too good and I'm just a cui drummer pls :'D Maybe I should have joined the culinary arts one BUT THEN AGAIN I am even less skilled in that area so... :( /sobs/
- Then it was food trail but it wasn't anything like I expected la HAHA. So we're supposed to go to a hawker centre and buy food but the main point was actually to interact with the people there! So like we're supposed to chat with the hawker stall auntie or smth like that to ask about her story, e.g. how long has she been doing this/is the stall passed down to her from her parents etc etc! Or we can chat with anyone around the neighbourhood also la because the main point was to get to know the neighbourhood well! Our group went to Holland Village (the nasi lemak was awesome omg I love it!!) and we ended up talking to a guy working in Island Creamery and an ex-convict selling keychains to raise funds for his education. It was quite awkward at first but I think it was really interesting because we usually wouldn't get the chance to do this. I think Singapore is still a pretty conservative country so we're not really that open to random chit-chat with strangers (I heard it's pretty common in the US!) so if you do that you might get weird looks or what which is a pity because there are times when I considered striking up a convo with the person beside me in the MRT but I decided not to HAHA. Yeah so this gave us a legit reason and chance to do that la and I felt it was really meaningful as well :-)
- Went back to LT33 to chill since we're the earliest group and wingyan and I had a mini karaoke session HAHA. Played charades with the rest and it was ridiculously hard :( But anw, we did some reflection thing afterwards which was really meaningful as well! We first wrote down why we joined RVRC as well as our hopes and aspirations by the end of the term, then we wrote cards for each and everyone of the Caelo House! I love writing cards for people and I love receiving them as well so I was very happy with this session HAHA :D
- Then a couple of us went for dinz at Plaza Sing (Jap food ftw!) and had lots of fun :) Also it seems like everyone lives in the East?! Out of the 7 people who went for the dinner only 1 is in the West while Wingyan and I are in the North and the other 5 are all in the East... :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually Caelo House is a very small house HAHA because we have a couple of international students and people seem to be falling sick (don't know real or not but still...) so our house was pretty small for both day 2 and 3! But I think it's actually a blessing in disguise because our house is much more bonded since we're a small group! ;-) Like other OGs just bond within their OG but we just hang out with our whole House which is pretty awesome!
But anyway, I'm truly grateful that I met this bunch of awesome people because everyone's so nice and friendly and I really can't wait to live together with them!!! (If I pass my QET LOL)