Day 1: Singapore to Hangzhou
My flight was around 4+pm but my mum and I decided to go early because we were going to fly via business class (!!) and we get to chill at the biz class lounge (which has food) so we wanted to go there to eat lunch instead. (SO AUNTIE, I KNOW)
Wow, I haven't uploaded photos onto my blog since FOREVER but since I have my cute little camera now, prepare for tons of photos!!! Also, Blogger's function for uploading photos have improved tremendously. So anw I got this amazing opportunity to fly biz class because my dad is always flying around and he gets to collect these points so we got to exchange the points for the biz class tickets (so we didn't have to pay through the nose for these). Plus if I'm not wrong there were no more seats for economy class :(
Gotta say that the service throughout this whole biz class experience is amazing though, I literally felt like royalty HAHA. Instead of queuing to check in, we get to enter this cozy lounge with sofa seats while you check in and there's free drinks and magazines and TV and flowers around and stuff like that to keep you entertained (even though the check in only takes like 5 minutes?!) I took a few photos with my phone so I shall not upload. My mum and I were total suakus though, we were looking here and there and we didn't dare to take the free drinks until we saw others taking it and confirmed that we can actually take it :'D
Afterwards we went through a different sort of passageway to get to the customs. And I gotta say that I loveeee the electric customs, they've made my recent trips so convenient and easy. Every time I pass by those electric gates I just feel so happy haha.
So anyway we then went to the lounge which was gorgeous.
There are even free massage chairsssssssssss. And the food was pretty amazing! There isn't much variety but the quality is definitely high. I love love LOVE the chicken rice there it was so freaking awesome, hands down the best chicken rice I've ever eaten. The rice is so fragrant and the chicken is so juicy. I love it so much but probably won't have the chance to eat it again T_T There's bread, desserts, drinks and even cup noodles there (who would go there to eat cup noodles though). And it was really quiet and the service was good! A very cozy place to be. There's also magazines and newspapers there so even though I spent around 2 hours there (cheapo to the max), it was not boring at all.
Couldn't stop taking photos once I'm on the plane because everything looked so pretty. Also I took a bunch of photos of me sitting in biz class with lots of extra leg space just to spite my sister HAHA.
 |
| They even put tablecloths on our folding tables! |




Very delicate looking food! Also, the stewardesses were so nice to us that my mum and I felt kinda uncomfortable. They literally kneel beside our seats to talk to us, and they're always asking us if we need anything. They talk to us super politely and constantly fill up our drinks etc. There were slippers provided and they even offered to help us to unwrap our slippers and help us wear (which we totally could have done it ourselves) so we declined. We thought their services were really good but there was this uncle in front of us who clearly didn't think so because he could not stop demanding things throughout the flight (very rudely as well tsk). And there was this episode when he raged at the stewardesses for giving him bread to eat after the main meal because he feel that bread should either be eaten before the meal or together with the meal, but definitely not after the meal. I understand that it might just be his eating habits but he really raged at the stewardesses even though they kept apologizing to him, which was really really rude and unnecessary like ????? It's just bread for goodness' sake...
We flew for about 4.5 hours and stopped at Fuzhou and continued towards Hangzhou for around 1hour! When we arrived at Hangzhou's airport we had to take a shuttle kind of thing to get to the arrival gate but because we took biz class we get to take our own shuttle bus, but because there were domestic arrival gate and international arrival gate, there were 2 shuttle buses for biz class and in the end the whole shuttle bus only had my mum and I because the other businessmen in biz class went to the domestic gate. So it was really very awkward HAHA.
Then we met up with my dad and just went to the hotel sleep (at like 2am) so nothing happened and I have no pictures to show HAHA.
Day 2: Hangzhou
The next day we managed to wake up at like 9am and we went to the famous West Lake to do some sightseeing! Unfortunately it was raining rather heavily so it killed our spirits and the scenery wasn't as nice. But still it is a very nice place and it's free! Speaking of free stuff, a lot of touristy places in Hangzhou are free of charge, so that's really cool :D We weren't too worried about the rain though because we still had many days in Hangzhou.
Here's a couple of photos I took before going to lunch. You won't believe how hard it is to take photos in the rain. You got to make sure your camera don't get wet and use one hand to hold the umbrella :(
 |
| A photo of my adorable parents! |
 |
| The view from the restaurant |
Sad to say my food photography still seems to be very lousy despite the change in camera HAHA. Also, this is one of the famous restaurants in Hangzhou! Very expensive as well. But sad to say, I thought the food was pretty average for me. :( Well except for....
 |
| 东坡肉 |
Okay it probably doesn't look all that yummy from the photo, BUT TRUST ME IT IS FREAKING NICE. I know 东坡肉 has fat on it BUT when cooked right, the fat can really melt in your mouth and this one really did!!! I really think it is the best one I've ever eaten. I really regret not eating one more of it /cries/
Also this one was the second best dish. But considering that it is RMB350+, it's really not that worth it hahaha. Bonus points for the plate though! (Wait, what do you call that chicken thing... Is it a plate or...)
After lunch we continued to walk around the West Lake but as you can see it was still raining and my pics are all gloomy so :( I'll just upload these 2!
After that we went back to the hotel because my dad needs his afternoon sleep HAHA. Then, we went to this place which I don't remember the name. I think it might be called 御街.
On the way to (what I assume to be) 御街, we saw this European style building and my father told me to take a pic of him in front of it so he can say that he has been to Europe. WELL..........................
御街 is this nice looking and bustling road which has a lot of shops! It is a nice place to walk around but because my parents and I aren't into souvenirs-shopping (because most of the time the souvenirs they sell are expensive AND useless), so we didn't buy anything! But it was nice to just look around :-)
Also saw this Lamborghini Aventador parked on the road! It is such a gorgeous car omg. Saw lots of people crowding around and I thought something happened but turns out they were just trying to take photos of it HAHA. I'm quite proud of this shot actually, the car looks really sleek in this pic! (Actually it probably looks really sleek outside of this pic as well) But anw I've got this as my iTouch wallpaper now HAHA. My father was kind of disgruntled to see everyone fawning over this car and he took his phone out to search about it, wanting to prove that it's not
that expensive and that he could buy one too. Turns out it is
really very expensive HAHA.
 |
| Very classy-looking McDonald's! |
Then we went to have dinner at this place called 咬不得高祖生煎, meaning that you cannot bite it. Because the 生煎包 has lots of soup in it! Very cute name, and the 生煎包 is awesomeeeeeeee. Best I've eaten!!!
 |
| I know, it doesn't look extraordinary or anything, but it tastes great! You'll realise this is sort of a trend in China hahaha. |
 |
| My attempt at an artistic food shot... |
Afterwards we went back to the hotel and wanted to just slack the night off. But we realised there's small night market near our hotel and went there to look around! Actually managed to buy 6 socks (because I was totally running out of socks to wear due to the wet weather), 2 belts and 2 shirts woohoo night markets are totally my kind of thing.
Day 3: Hangzhou - Suzhou
Went to eat breakfast at some nearby noodle shop and that's when I realised how yummy noodles in Hangzhou was!!! It was just some random noodle shop by the road side but the noodles were so chewy. (And I usually don't like to eat noodles)
We then climbed up a hill to see this tower, which was pretty average in my opinion!
There was some mini flower exhibition going on and what surprised me the most was the huge number of uncles/aunties walking around taking photos of flowers with DSLRs!!! They are armed with tripods and all. Saw this grey-haired uncle climbed onto a ledge to take photos of flowers. My mini Sony cyber-shot paled in comparison to their professional gadgets /sigh/
We then went to this place called 九溪烟树 which has lots of trees and tea bushes. Very beautiful place but we had to walk non-stop for 1.5hours so I nearly died. The air there was super duper fresh though, and coupled with the nice scenery + non-stop walking, I feel super healthy! Exercise ftw.
 |
| Saw this girl wearing this costume and taking pictures there. Many people crowded around to take photos of her HAHA. But my dad said that if he were to see her like this at night, he'll be scared to death. I totally agree. |
 |
| Saw like 6 couples taking wedding photos here, I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING |
Then we set off to the train station to catch a train to Suzhou! We were sort of running late because there was a traffic jam (there's a lot of traffic jams in Hangzhou), and we weren't familiar with how the train station works so we in a state of panic for like 20 minutes. Thankfully we got our tickets successfully and boarded the train (or more accurately: 高铁) successfully. Gotta say I'm really impressed with this 高铁 system! It's really fast and stable, and the trains are really clean. :-)
We then checked in at our hotel in Suzhou, a hotel that I really love because it's really quiet but also really near to the central so we can get to places really easily!!
 |
| Panorama shot of the very gorgeous toilet that could be even bigger than my bedroom, no kidding |
Day 4: Suzhou
In general, my mum and I prefer Suzhou because it's quieter than Hangzhou (less people and less noise and less commercialised yay), but it's not that backwards or anything. So it's a nice little place to chill!
We went to this place called 怡园 in the morning. From what I know, Suzhou is famous for its 园林s, which are basically pretty houses/gardens for rich people to retire? Okay my knowledge is very very very limited so please don't quote me on this. So anyway my mum and I are not that big on touristy places so we chose to go to this 怡园 because it's smaller and super not touristy. There was barely anyone hahahaha. Most of the people there are elderly chatting etc because they have free admission!
It's a small and quiet place but I like it a lot!
Afterwards we went back to the hotel to rest. Yes, we are always going back to the hotel to rest HAHA because we are very lazy and this trip is meant to be a chill trip!!!
There's a very cool thing about my hotel. It has 3 lifts and each lift has a different theme! The one below is the space theme hahaha.
 |
| Super cute bunny I saw in a shop! SUPER TU OMG SO CUTE |
 |
| Had lunch here! Apparently it is so yummy that it makes you mute? Hahaha |
 |
| It is very super popular, the queue is no joke! |
Very yummy 生煎包, but I find the ones at 咬不得 nicer! These are sweeter (Suzhou has a sweeter palete btw) and the skin is a bit thicker.
Then we proceeded to 平江路 (I think), which is a very artsy and pretty road!
 |
| I bought these cute bunny ears!!! I'm always spending money on bunny related stuff that are super useless and impractical. But they are too cute to resist /sigh/ |
 |
| Yoghurt! |
 |
| Important tips for all singles out there yo |
Also, check out my fav cafe/bookstore! Momicafe :-D There's two of it along this 平江路, this is the smaller outlet :D
Then we went to this place called 虎丘. Apparently people in the past saw a tiger there? Or was it a rock that looked like a tiger..... I have no idea.
They happened to be having some kind of flower exhibition there so these are some of the tulips as well as lavender! There were other flowers but mum and I aren't really passionate about flowers haha.
 |
| Saw grey-haired uncles using DSLRs here as well /sigh/ |
 |
| This was the main attraction of the place! The tower is leaning to the right side :D |
So trying to hail a cab in Suzhou can be tough sometimes, so mum and I actually took buses around quite frequently! Their bus system is pretty good and efficient, and the bus itself is very clean :D
We took this bus to go to this other place called 山塘街. Okay apparently this road has two parts, if you walk to the left it's a more commercialised part with shops and eateries and all, but if you walk to the right it's basically a local marketplace. Mum and I didn't know so we went to the local marketplace at first and was so confused hahahaha. But it was a good experience!! We got to see how the locals live their lives, buying food, vegetables, seafood etc :D It was bustling and noisy but very authentic! (quite a contrast with the left side of the road where there's mostly tourists)
 |
| Super cute chickssss |
So eventually my mum went to ask someone and they told us that we're on the wrong side of the road haha, so we walked back to the left side T_T
As you can see there really is a difference between the two sides of the road! The roads are wider and cleaner, the shops are more organised (and commercialised) and there are fewer people! This place is actually famous for their night scenery because at night all the red lanterns will light up and it will look gorgeoussss. But mum and I had nothing to do so we just went there early and walked around while waiting for the sky to turn dark.
So while walking around we came across Momicafe again! It's the 2nd outlet I went in Suzhou HAHA. It's smaller though and not that quiet because this road is quite a busy road. But I did see a cute guy here so YAYYYYY \^o^/ (In general there seems to be more cute guys here whooooooop)
 |
| Slowly the lanterns are starting to light up! |
 |
| The night scenery is really gorgeous! |
So that's basically my day 4! It was a very tiring day because we went to many places and kept walkinggggg. But it was also a very fun day! Also, there are many many outlets of CoCo in Suzhou, I have no idea why. But they are
everywhere.
I haven't drunk bubble tea in ages. (really, for some reason I've lost all interest in them. Which is such a waste since KOI is in Yishun now /sigh/) But since this is everywhere, I decided to have a go! There's some promotion going on so I got to buy a large cup of bubble tea (with pudding and pearls) for RMB 8 which is around S$1.60 yooooooo. I think it costs nearly $4 in SG. It was really nice but I nearly died from drinking it because the weather was quite cold and I still ordered a cold drink (there must be something wrong with me) and also my mum doesn't drink bubble tea so I had to finish it alone T_T I legit got a headache after drinking it HAHA but thankfully it was gone by the next morning!
Day 5: Suzhou - Wuxi
As I mentioned earlier my hotel has themed lifts so this is another theme! The traditional wedding one haha. This is my fav! There is actually another theme but it is the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor (Qin Shi Huang) so it is actually super duper creepy, hence I refused to take any photos of it HAHA.
We set off to Wuxi early in the morning via 高铁 again!
The bus stop outside the train station, it's pretty cool!
Btw, the buses that I took in Hangzhou/Suzhou costs RMB 1 (around 20 cents in SG) and the one I took in Wuxi costs RMB 2 (around 40 cents in SG) so that was pretty cool. By cool I mean it satisfied my cheapo heart.
The first thing I noticed about Wuxi is that IT IS FREAKING HOTTTTTTTT. The sun was shining so brightly I nearly died. It felt like Singapore hahahaha. Also, it is a rather small place! Fewer people around too.
 |
| I found these angry birds rides hilarious but my mum didn't seem to think so :( |
We had a hard time trying to find the restaurant that we wanted to go! Have to say that Wuxi (at least the part that we went to?) was really kind of dead because there was barely anyone around.
 |
| This is supposed to be sweet and sour pork ribs BUT THE ONLY FLAVOUR I TASTED WAS SWEET. No kidding I couldn't even continue eating it, it was so damn sweet. I guess Wuxi has an even sweeter palate than Suzhou! |
 |
| Very yummy Wuxi pork ribs yummmmmmmz |
After lunch we wanted to continue to walk around Wuxi but the weather killed all our spirits (so freaking hot and sunny, I kid you not). Plus the city is really really quiet and not a lot of shops are opened. Mum and I went into this (what we assumed is) shopping centre but there was literally no one in there except for the shopkeepers so we were like, "Okay this is kind of creepy.... Let's leave..." And we just went back to Suzhou after lunching at Wuxi HAHA.
Went back to Suzhou and because our hotel is very near to this pedestrian street where there are lots of eateries and shops, even like H&M, GAP etc! So we just went to walk walk around there and ate this 馄饨 (wonton) that is quite famous! Ok I actually wanted to use wanton because we always say wanton mee but in English 'wanton' means sexually immodest/promiscuous so I can never look at the word 'wanton' the same way again HAHA.
Day 6: Suzhou
We decided to return to 平江路 again in the morning because we only visited one part of it the other day! So we decided to continue the part we haven't visited and also because there were people who recommended going in the morning before some of the more commercial shops open and before the crowd arrives.
And how true it is! It is really better to go in the morning. It was really quiet and peaceful and we didn't have to see so many souvenir shops that all sold the same things -_-
My mum saw this shop which sells things that are made of bamboo! She love love love this shop because she likes bamboo and also when she was young she had a lot of things made from bamboo as well so it was a very nice and nostalgic place for her. She even took the namecard of this shop and expressed her interest in opening up a franchise haha. She said that this is exactly the kind of shop that she wants to open!
I personally thought that it was a very cool shop as well! Also using bamboo is very environmentally-friendly since bamboo naturally dies every few years so at least you can utilise it to make stuff!
Then we saw another Momicafe (there's 2 on this 平江路) and this is so far the best outlet!!! As you can see it is super big and very spacious but cozy, and maybe because I went in the morning, it was very peaceful! The baristas there just do their own thing and are very friendly as well so you don't feel pressurised. And the other customers there are also doing their own things like reading, writing etc so it is a very chill and stress-free place to be. :-D I've been to 4 Momicafes in total (1 in Shanghai and 3 in Suzhou) and I feel that this one is the most comfortable one! The Shanghai one is not bad as well since it was also on a very artsy road.
 |
| I thought that the illustrations were super cute! |
 |
| Right outside the cafe are trees and a small river so the scenery is great |
Other than selling books and stuff like coffee/cakes/etc, they also sell postcards (for you to mail to yourself or others) as well as notebooks, bookmarks and all kinds of little trinkets! It's a gorgeous place :D
So this is the end of 平江路. I really like the vibe of this road. It reminds me of one of the roads innYun Nan (actually from what I heard Yun Nan gained inspiration from this) as well as another road in Shanghai! Sorry this all sounds so vague because I can't remember what the roads are called HAHA. But I know these two places have this sort of artsy kind of road. They call it 文艺 haha. They're usually filled with bookstores/cafes etc!
 |
| This is a bus stop! Can you believe it?! HAHA. |
We then walked to the Suzhou Museum (which I remember I've been to before when I came to Suzhou with CCHYCO like 3/4 years ago?) But it is rather famous so I don't mind going again + it is freeeeeee. The sad thing is that it is free yet there were not many people going. There were some 园林s beside it and there were a lot of people going there even though you need to pay. Oh the sad, sad fate of museums...
 |
| The museum is quite famous for its unique architecture! |
Tbh mum and I are not exactly museum fanatics HAHA. Plus I'm not familiar with the history of China at all so I know nuts about the value of the artifacts. But some are really gorgeous! I really like the drawings, and I remember the last time I came I saw them displaying the coins from the past, so that was really cool. I find it amazing how they manage to make all these delicate and beautiful things even back in the past!
After the brief tour around the museum we came out and crossed the road to this famous 老字号 noodle shop!
AND IT HAS THE BEST NOODLES EVER. This is one of the best things I've eaten in this entire trip. I am usually a noodle-hater BUT THE NOODLES WERE SO AWESOME AND SO CHEWY!!! It is quite a big bowl but I finished the whole damn bowl because it was so good *o* I love the meat too it literally melted in my mouth!!! Best thing ever.
After that amazing lunch, we took the train back to Hangzhou and we ate a very unsatisfying dinner so I shall not post photos of it :( It is such a huge disappointment especially after that wonderful lunch :(
Anw, my hotel in Hangzhou is near carrefour so we went to look around and I saw this super cute bunny!!!!! I think she's called KK Rabbit hehehehehehe. Too bad she's printed on kids stationery so I was too ashamed to buy them :(
Day 7: Hangzhou
The next day we went to explore the gardens/parks/whatever you call places with lots of trees and lakes near the West Lake.
We chose to go to those that are quieter and more peaceful and ended up getting lost HAHA. But somehow we managed to find our way back!
Then we went to 太子湾公园 where there are supposedly many flowers but because there was heavy rain the previous day, most of the flowers looked half-dead. :(
 |
| Green green grass! |
 |
| Very cool bridge! Looks like it's made out of a tree trunk haha |
 |
| The meat is really tender and the noodles are pretty good but still not as good as the one I ate in Suzhou T_T But it's still really yummy! |
 |
| Half price for the 2nd cone so we got 2 cones for RMB 6 (SGD 1.20) :) |
 |
| Matcha icecreammmm! It tasted really yummy and refreshing, good choice for smth after lunch :D And I think I took this shot quite well hehe |
Then we returned to the West Lake (I think I went to the West Lake for 5 times or something)
This is a really cool map on the ground hehe. There are small little canals for rivers on the map so it really looks like rivers, which I thought was really smart.
Then we went to this famous place for dinner and the queue was no kidding. We went at around 530 and queued for 1h 30min. The good thing is that you can just take a queue number so you don't have to be physically present at the queue BUT STILL. Plus mum and I queued for the A type of table (for 1 - 2 persons), there were B and C types for more people and apparently those take even longer!
 |
| It's a relatively new restaurant but the locals love this place, that's why it's so famous now |
 |
| I thought it was cool that you can tick whether you want your dessert to be before your meal or after your meal. Maybe it's just me HAHA |
Sadly my food photography still remains sucky so... :( I think I was just too eager to eat okay!!! Also unfortunately the food was pretty average :( I heard the table next to us complaining: "Their food sucks but why are there so many people queuing?!" (in Chinese)
 |
| It's famous for being RMB 6! (SGD 1.20) |
Except for the last 2 dishes! Which was such a waste because I've already spent so much of my stomach eating so-so food, I don't have as much space to eat good food :(
I really like this 绿茶饼! The green tea taste is subtle and not overpowering plus the sesame seeds are super fragrant. But I think the best thing is their frying skills! They managed to fry it so that it's very very crispy BUT NOT OILY :D I think that's quite an achievement.
And this chicken (茶香鸡) is super good as well! I think they used tea to cook it. The tea taste is not that obvious actually but it is very well-marinated and yummy (sorry for my limited vocab HAHA). The meat was also very tender and juicy! But it was the last dish so both mum and I were already very full so we were full of regrets T_T We tried our best to eat as much as possible but there were still some chicken meat left which is such a waste because it is really very good T_T
The sad thing about the 2 of us travelling is that we can only order 4 dishes and be full to death. With my dad around we can order like 6 dishes or smth and he can eat them all HAHA.
We then walked back to the West Lake and saw this free show of water fountain! Reminds me of the one Sentosa used to have (back when it was free and without the monkey character)
Day 8: Hangzhou
Went to West Lake (yes, again) to take a boat ride!
The uncle who rowed the boat was very nice and chatted with us. He was impressed by how we know a lot of un-touristy places in Hangzhou HAHA. Also he thought my mum is from Beijing because he said my mum's Chinese pronunciation sounds so accurate. Plus he thought she was a doctor. She was soooooooo happy HAHAHA.
Afterwards we moved from our hotel into a hostel (?). I think it's a hostel, but in Chinese it's called 青年旅馆. The direct translation would be youth hostel hahaha. It's like a cafe but the lower floors are dorms (for poor youths who want to travel but can't afford) and the upper floors are private rooms that were actually pretty good!
It's situated at this place called 青之坞 where it's filled with these kind of hostels and some eateries! Apparently this place used to be full of farmers' houses, but the government requested them to renovate and develop it, so now they are doing businesses. But most of them actually rented out to others to develop so most of the houses there look awesome actually. I, for one, really like the vibe of this Tsingma Hotel.
Also, places like this as well as the youth hostels are very popular in China right now because more and more students are travelling around China and they are always looking for places like this to stay! Plus I've heard that there are some people who graduated but don't want a 9 to 5 job and they decide to open up a youth hostel like this etc. It's more relaxing and chill.
I actually got to know this place because my cousin worked in Hangzhou for a period of time (now she's moving to Australia) and she rented an apartment near this place, so she always came here to chill/hang out etc and she got to know the workers here! She's especially close with this girl (we just call her 三水 because she has the character 淼 in her name which is literally made up of 3 水s haha). 三水 is a volunteer at this hotel, she works here for free but she gets free food and shelter from what I've heard! Then when she get breaks she can just travel and explore this place. I think this is a rising trend in China actually, more and more people are starting to embrace this kind of chill lifestyle :) Also 三水 is freaking awesome and friendly T_T
This is the cafe part of the place! There's even a guitar for you to jammm.
Also there are kitchens and sofas on lower floors for you to cook etc!
 |
| Cute balcony! |
I really like the decor of this place, both exterior and interior! It's really simple but comfy :D Also there is free Wi-Fi! This place can get a little noisy in the day (lots of people come here to eat, 农家菜 (literally translates into farmer food?! IDK HAHA) is really popular now in China! People want to experience something a little more authentic and natural :) But in the night it is very quiet which is a good thing!
Also, the Botanical Garden is just beside it so we went to explore. If I'm not wrong it is free before 8am and after 4pm.
 |
| I thought this shot was rather nice as well :p |
Mum and I were kinda lazy so we didn't really explore the place. I think we only went to 1/6 of the place HAHA. But it was nice to just stroll and chill here while breathing in fresh air! It is rather lovely :) And the weather was great for that kind of slow strolls around the garden. I've been to Singapore's Botanical Garden thrice and it is really big and informative and nice BUT the weather is always too damn hot for me to be in the mood for strolls and nice walks T_T I'm always brisk-walking past all the plants and can't wait to be back in the shade/aircon, which is suchhhh a waste.
Afterwards we went to look for dinner and because it was quite cold, we went for steamboat!
At first the shop looked kind of shady because it's really small and we were the only customers, but the steamboat food turned out to be great! I really loveeeee the taopok in China, it's different from Singapore's. It's smoother and tastier :B And my mum love love love the 蛋饺. I don't know what is it called in English, but it's sorta like an egg dumpling! Like a layer of egg wrapping the meat inside??? It's the yellow (lighter yellow than the taupok) thing in the picture haha. If I'm not wrong, it's Shanghai cuisine :)
Also, for once, mum and I ordered the exact right amount of food we need so we didn't end up dying from a bloated stomach. So we walked away from the steamboat feeling extra satisfied!
We then returned to Tsing Ma and my mum casually asked 三水 if their cafe sells dessert (because we wanted smth sweet after dinner! China doesn't seem to be big on desserts) She said there's yoghurt etc but we decided that we didn't need it (now that I come to think of it, we are so annoying hahaha). But she came up to our room with two cups of free yoghurts T_T
 |
| Very yumz yoghurt! |
So we were both really touched by her but we had nothing to give her :( She is really caring and nice so please do go and support her if you can! (even though my readers are probably all in Singapore...)
Day 9: Hangzhou - Singapore
Woke up at 5 in the morning to catch our flight /sigh/ 三水 helped us to contact a taxi driver the day before. She spent a huge amount of effort trying to coordinate my mum and the driver because usually people just use the taxi app they have here in Hangzhou/call using their China phone numbers but because my mum doesn't have a China phone number and she can't download the app, 三水 had to be the middleman and everything.
The taxi uncle was super nice as well, he chatted with us and told us a lot of things about China/Hangzhou!
So basically nothing happened and I have no pics to show except for my biz class pics LOL. Also my flight delayed for 1 hour, which is starting to be the norm in China. Flights in China get delayed very frequently. :(
 |
| My breakfast |
 |
| My lunch |
This time round we didn't meet any unreasonable man raging about bread HAHA. And then we arrived in SG and went home!
Afterwards we went to Causeway Point to eat dinz @ Ichiban Boshi which is really good!! The food quality and the serving size are both satisfactory :-) And while being there it was kind of weird for me because I felt strange that a day ago I was just in China and now I'm in Singapore! The power of globalisation *o*
----
So I finally finished blogging about my entire trip! Took me 2 days. This is hard work, no kidding. And this is the first time I've blogged about my overseas trip in such a detailed manner (even with pictures!) Gotta say that that pictures really make the post more interesting, plus they help me to remember what I did.
Also, an important point to note is that my mum and I are people who dislike touristy places and noise and crowded places so we actually avoided many famous places that people might usually go. So if you're here to gain some ideas about your own trip it might not be so useful. We like the places with more locals and quieter and more artsy so if you're into that, that's good :D Especially for food, many of the eateries we went were filled with locals so it might not be what you usually see! And we like to walk through the small ulu roads to see how locals there live :)
----
Speaking of travelling, my cousin (the one who's about to move to Australia) is having a China tour right now, she's travelling everywhere to play and meet up with her friends all over China! My parents' friend's son just graduated from Uni of Toronto and is also travelling around solo, from Hong Kong to Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou etc etc!
Recently while I was bathing (yes, the toilet is where inspiration comes from), I have this excellent idea of going to Tokyo before school starts (T_T). But my China passport is SUCH a burden, I can't even....... It makes me so depressed :( But still I can apply for Visa and see how it goes! But before that I need to get the flights booked and hotels booked and many many more and blaaaaaaaaaaaah okay I'll just see how it goes!