So I got back my A'level results! Not fantastic but not bad either so I guess I'm lucky! It was a real shock though, subjects I didn't expect to do well (and have never done well for) a.k.a freaking English Literature actually did well LIKE WTF IS GOING ON?!! I swear before getting back results I was like, lit is gonna pull me down so bad, it's gonna be a C. Because my Twelfth Night lit essay was so horribly done, I was honestly laughing out of resignation during the paper because I couldn't believe the rubbish I was writing. Although I wrote my (in my opinion) best ever unseen essay so that might have helped! Super duper proud of that unseen essay because I have always sucked at them. Okay so anyway that A for lit is anything but expected, because I've never gotten anything near A for lit in school..... A C was the nearest I got, and I actually got an E or something for prelims (it was actually my worst prelim grade!) But then Kim and Yiwen got A's for lit too, which is super good news!!!
And then CLL was another unexpected thing because CLL has always been my best subject (in fact my best prelim subject and my only A, I think), but I got a B which is not too bad at all but what is upppppppppppp.
So my worst subj got A and best subject got B, I cannot even begin to comprehend this mess. Nevertheless they're both good grades so I'm happy, but confused.
Econs was what I wanted and expected, because I love econs so much and I thank Mrs Chua so, so much for igniting this passion for econs in me!! Never thought I'd be able to do it, but I'm glad I did and I'm glad my efforts for econs paid off!
Bio was a little below expectations, but I don't mind it too much.
But the thing that KILLS me is my terrible grade for GP T_T Because as an arts student that is so freaking importantttttt T_T The saddest thing is I felt like I did pretty okay T_T And I usually so pretty well for it in school T_T so I really don't know what went wrong, but I guess I have no luck for GP! Tbh my grades for GP are always fluctuating, like I'd get B for one exam and then D for the next one LOL. Guess I just wasn't enough!
I'm actually rather satisfied with my results, but that D in GP is really making me depressed. But I know I have it better than some of my other friends, so I hope I can stop dwelling on it and start praying haha. What's done is done!!! My parents are pretty satisfied as well, but I just can't help but think I really didn't achieve what I could have, and I feel a little down about it. Thankfully I have supportive parents because my mum was rather happy (or maybe she just has low expectations for me, she expected BBCC haha), so things are not too bad! With that said, I still feel pretty miserable, so I didn't even want to talk to my dad about my results. I know I shouldn't be miserable, but I am and I can't help it :-( Allow me to wallow in self-pity for a day or two, and I promise I'd get back right on track!
To my lovely friends who didn't do as well as what they wanted, my love remains the same and I'm here to support you guys, always!
To my lovely friends who did so well (namely Jiaee aka the girl who kept whining about being nervous and afraid, and Weiyi who we all expected to get good results), I'm so proud of you guys and I love y'all as well!!!
P/S. This lit thing feels like déjà vu, because I remember screwing up one of my lit essays (to be exact: I only wrote 3 lines because I ran out of time) and got an A1 for combined humanities. Maybe my SS grade was outstanding, but I don't think it could've been so outstanding that it pulled up my lit grade by so much. So basically, lit is a miracle in my life. I've actually decided not to study lit in Uni, because I thought I would totally screw it up in A's, but I ended up getting an A, so is this a hint from the heavens above that lit is actually my destiny???