So yesterday was the 22nd and The Burdens met up for a gathering for it plus Jon's first bookout!!! /cues pom-poms for the army man/
Went to Strangers' Reunion first for dinner and Jas and I had a pretty epic FAIL because they were meeting at Outram Park's Green line's exit but Jas and I went Outram Park via Purple line so we exited from Purple line. It slipped our minds that there were actually two exits and end up they're like "WHERE ARE YOU?!" and we're like "WE'RE HERE!! BUT WHERE ARE YOU?!" and ......... yeah. Then we finally figured out Jas and I are at the wrong exit and we had to tap back in (cries) and we then exited from what we thought was the correct Green line exit. ALAS, IT WAS NOT. And we had to make our way back, and on the way we spotted JM who was late and also thought that was the Green line exit HAHA. Well lucky that she met us or she'll probably never find the right exit! So Jas and I had to tap in AGAIN (cries, all my $$) and after walking and climbing, we finally found the right exit!!! (tears of joy) By then I was so exhausted, no kidding. And Jiaee who stayed behind to wait for us while a couple of others went first was totally speechless by our lack of sense of direction. By in our defense, the station was totally big and confusing, really. :-(
Strangers' Reunion was pretty cool but kinda small and maybe because it's Saturday night, it was so crowded! 12 of us had to squeeze in a table it was kinda funny hehe so we have decided such a big group of us need to find a bigger space to go next time HAHA. To be honest though I never FEEL like we are such a big group for some reason. It's always when we take pics and stuff like that then I realise okay wow we are a pretty big group. Otherwise when we walk and eat I feel as if it's just a couple of us hahaha. Which is good right, because it means the emotional/psychological distance between us is pretty small, hee :p
And a funny thing was that there were two dudes who were serving us all along before Wingyan arrived (because she had to teach tuition), and when Wingyan arrived they saw her and said hi to her and even told her happy birthday and apparently they are from the same school HAHA. What even. Such a coincidence!
Tried the Buttermilk Waffles with Homemade Berry Compote and Greek Yoghurt as well as Magic! The waffles was great, one of the nicest I've eaten, really crispy! But I think I like Wimbly Lu's a liiiiitle bit more hee. The Berry Compote was kind of sour too so after eating for a while it really gets very sour HAHA so yeah. But the Greek Yoghurt was lovely, I love yoghurt! JM got waffles with Vanilla Icecream and the Vanilla Icecream was authentic and yummy too so maybe I can go back and try it again next time! For the coffee, I barely drink coffee but I tried it because they are good for their coffee, so I really cannot make any judgement because I can't compare it with anything else T_T The last time I drank coffee was probably 5 years ago T_T The only thing I can say is that it's fragrant hahaha. But according to Jiamin who drinks lots of coffee and likes coffee, it was really good! So there :D
Afterwards we went to a barrrrrrrrrrrr, yes it was my first time!! Ryan and a couple of Ryan & Joey's friends were there so we went there as well. It was this place called Shuffle heh. It was my first time going to any bar so I was pretty excited because I didn't know what to expect. I have nothing to compare it with, but I think it was pretty cool! There was this liveband and they sang Mandarin, English and even Cantonese songs so that was rather great, thumbs up for variety! I didn't drink any alcohol though because I've never drank any and I don't know my alcohol tolerance level plus I don't really like the taste or the smell so. :( Which is pretty loser of me ~_~ I did try a bit of Jiamin's, Jiaee's and Weiyi's though so is that counted??? :'D
Funny thing was the person came and told us that she had to check our ICs :'D And Jiaee kept blaming me saying that it was because I look like I'm under 18 :'D How is an 18 year old even supposed to look like?! But anyway I felt pretty badass letting her check my IC, knowing that I'm legitimately 18 HAHAHA.
The ambience was really cool and it was really a lot nicer than what I imagined it to be! Like people were just sitting down and all. Okay I'm not sure what I even imagined it to be but it looks pretty restaurant-ish. Basically it looks like a restaurant + live band + they sell lots of alcohol HAHA.
But I really wonder what people go to bars to do! I mean the liveband was soooooooo loud we could barely chat with each other. We could only talk to the people right next to us :'D Had to mouth the words/use hand signals when we wanted to talk to people across us. Well maybe because we sat really near the liveband and that we had a big group of people. Joey's friends came to sit with us as well so it was like 16 of us!
This bar thing only caters to rich people though HAHA the prize of the drinks are too expensive for words. Even ribena costs $7 and coke costs $6 and that's not inclusive of GST and service charge :'D Unless it's Ribena from the White House, I don't think I'd ever pay for $7 ribena :'D
On a side note, maybe it's time to consider a future in opening bars. Must be rich from all that profit, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.