<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: 云南
Posted on: Saturday, December 14, 201311:32 AM

I'm finally back from my 7-day trip to 云南! I went to 昆明 and 丽江 and it was supposed to be a very chill trip cos we're only going 2 places (usually people go to Dali and Shangri-La etc too) plus we're doing it free and easy means we go out at like 9 in the morning and return around 3 - 4pm. BUT I'M STILL SO EXHAUSTED T_T 

Didn't blog cos the trip was too amazing so ain't nobody got the time for blogging! Tbh it's one of the best trips I ever had. I think it's actually the best. It's either Yun Nan or Australia! But I think Yun Nan's scenery swept me off my feet so Yun Nan it is! Plus it's the first time my family went overseas without quarreling HAHA. Usually we'd end up quarreling about something but this time we didn't so double thumbs up!

Don't think I can remember every single thin I did so I'm just gonna write about some events that were more significant. 

First up is definitely 玉龙雪山 which is SO AMAZING!!! Was kinda apprehensive towards it at first cos I was afraid it'll be very cold + had to bring oxygen tanks cos of the high altitude + from the bottom only the tip of the mountain got snow, but it turned out to be the best thing ever. (You can refer to my instagram: ziyueee to check out some pics!)

There were like blue lakes and waterfalls along the climb which we're already beautiful enough and when we reached the top the scenery looked like something out of a picture. My English is too cui to describe so too bad. But the atmosphere and scenery there really can't be described and cannot be shown through pictures. Imagine all the mountains surrounding you and the cold breeze blowing ~_~ But the high altitude made me giddy and I could only walk around with baby steps sighhhhh. But that was seriously the best scenery I've ever seen because my trips have mostly been to city places so I barely get to see natural scenery like this!!

The other more significant thing is HORSE-RIDING. It was so fun *_* Okay I'm a loser and I'm afraid of animals in general so I was afraid of the horse but after riding it I totally love it cos it was so gentle and mild but strong! It was my first time riding a horse and we rode it for about 30 mins :-) It was great, and I kept trying to imagine that I was in a 古装戏 HAHAHAHA. 

Of course in China you can't forget the FOOOOD. Food in Yun Nan can be spicy and oily sometimes but overall it was pretty good! Their 米粉 is DA BEZ it's super smooth but very 爽口 not like soft soft one (worst description ever I hope you get what I mean. And this means my dream of being a food critic is never gonna happen). AND THEIR YOGHURT OMG my ultimate love. Ain't no yoghurt better than theirs! I think it's cos they have 毛牛s which have very good milk and they end up making superb yoghurt. Very rich in taste! I think I ate yoghurt 5 out of 7 days there hahaha. Especially the red bean yoghurt *_* Their red bean is sweet and soft and it goes together with the tangy and creamy taste of yoghurt!!!

Also the really cool thing about Yun Nan is that it has a lot of plants and animals :-)  so flowers there are sold at a very low price and they use flowers in their dishes!!! Ate a chrysanthemum dish and a fried mint leaves dish ahahahaha. Their tea is AWESOME as well! I'm not one for real teas (not like pokka green tea or what) but the tea in Yun Nan is so nice that I can't even. Their teas are not bitter at all and has a sweet, subtle taste of fragrance *_* LOVE IT HEHE. Love their rose tea the most! 

Saw a lot of animals there as well, like squirrels and seagulls! Plus there were a lot of dogs in 丽江! Never seen so many dogs in my whole life.... And there were different colours and breeds and sizes etc whoa. As y'all probably (might not) know, I'm afraid of dogs so before I went there I was like T_T. For the first few days I was so scared whenever I saw a dog but after a few days I just sort of got used to it... I got so used to it that I actually started to like some of them!!! The really small and cute ones tho. The big ones still kinda terrify me. Saw a super cute and chill one outside a bookstore in 束河 and I love it so much that I even had the thought of owning a dog.... But better not hahaha I'm an irresponsible owner!! 

I think this trip to Yun Nan has changed me a lot, because I got to see more of China's natural scenery and really made me appreciate Chinese culture and how big China is. Previously I've only been to Beijing and Shanghai which are both big industrialized cities! Yun Nan's weather is super good! Beautiful sky and a lot of trees. I was really swept off my feet by the amazing scenery *_* sigh I feel so small and insignificant among the great natural formation. I'm just a little spot in this universe! 

And, Yun Nan has a few different 族s, like 纳西族, 白族 etc! I know China has 56 民族s and they all have their different culture, costume, language etc but this is the first time I came into contact with any of them personally!! It was really eye-opening :-) I think China is really impressive this way, and it made me appreciate it more and want to know it better! Considering to borrow some books about it hehe!! 

Last but not least, my trip has been full of amazing and kind strangers extending their helping hands. So on the first day we had a problem finding a cab, for some reason no cabs are available even though we tried calling for one, and we had to take shuttle bus to the mrt station in an attempt to find one :-( Sadly the shuttle bus was full and I couldn't find a seat but a kind lady offered to share her tiny seat with me T_T then when we were at the mrt station we STILL couldn't find a taxi and a nice van uncle saw us and asked what's going on and tried to help us hail a cab!!! :') I was seriously so touched :') The kindness of strangers is even more precious, and I promise that I will spread this kindness. 

Wanna thank 杨大姐 too! She was our driver in 丽江 cos we booked her car! She is a really helpful and kind soul, always being considerate and even sharing her life stories with us. I'll probably never see her again, but the bond we formed during the 4 days spent together will be eternally etched in my heart :')

In general, this trip to 云南 really opened my eyes and it was an amazing experience. I'm so grateful for this experience and so thankful for being able to see so many things that others might not be able to :-) 


♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx