The interesting thing about relationships is that it is never static. I'm talking about relationships in general; friendships, heterosexual relationships, acquaintances and such. I think it's fascinating how they never stay the same, how they're always changing, always developing, always evolving. Indeed change is the only constant. So cliche but so very true.
I think it's interesting how our relationships with the people around us change as we ourselves grow and develop. Even the strongest relationships can change. But something even more amazing is that even though a relationship might have changed, and you guys are not close NOW, the importance of the relationship/memory back THEN will always be there. Do you get what I mean? It's like, it's almost as if there's 2 different lives. The relationship has changed NOW, but when you think about the past it's like the relationship is still there, you still have the fondness for them, even though you might not even be fond of them now.
Just because the relationship is now different, it doesn't devalue the relationship you had with them back then, and the relationship you had with them is still a very important part of your life and you respect that relationship, even though things are no longer the same now.
Everyone wants their relationships to last forever. But it's hard, because it's undeniable that relationships require lots of time and communication. And though they might seem strong right now, nobody can guarantee that the relationships won't fade away one day. It's just how it works. And I think accepting this have made me treasure my present relationships more, because what I have RIGHT NOW, is what matters the most. Since I can't guarantee whatever happens in the future, I think it's better if I choose to cherish everything now. 不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有 :-)
Sometimes as time passes, people change, and the relationship changes as well. It is inevitable, and sometimes that relationship just won't work anymore because the 2 of you have grown too far apart, in ideals, opinions and everything. But the memories and good times you spent together with them will ALWAYS be a part of you, regardless of the relationship between you guys right now.
Just some random thoughts! Was on the train traveling from YCK to Khatib 2 days ago and during this long and boring journey I just subconsciously fell into thoughts about the relationships between people (so random I can't even HAHA). So yeah that was more or less what I was wondering/thinking/exploring but sadly I didn't write it down right then and now, 2 days later, it sounds different from what I originally thought but I tried my best to stay close to what I wanted to express! Anyway, those are based on relationships in general and some are my personal experiences, some are my observations about the people around me/life in general :-) The nature of relationships is really fascinating, now I really wanna take sociology.