Caught 天台/The Rooftop with Jiamin today and it's a pretty good show!! Really exceeded my expectations hehe though I would say some of the transitions are kinda sudden but some are really creative as well! Certain shots really made me pretty impressed cos it was beautifully done! Overall the story is quite cliche but the ending was a little shocking to me and up until now I don't really know what happened??? But I think it's a happy ending!!! But yeap it was a good, fun, lighthearted movie which I really liked! To me movies are meant to be fun and entertaining so I prefer stuff like these and romantic comedies (my favvvv genre of movie) because it's easy and fun to watch!!! Movies that are too deep and requires lots of thinking are cool and engaging but watching them once in a while will do.
The star of the movie was obviously Jay Chou because he is so adorable even though he's like 30+?!!? His smile is omgly cute la I can't even!!! His personality really shines through hehe. Actually if someone asks me who's my fav idol I would say Jay, even though nowadays I'm not really up to date with his news anymore, but from young I've always admired and respected him because he is so talented and amazing and I love his attitude and personality and his smile and the way he sings (esp the high notes) and just his whole VIBE. But I've never been a very enthu fan (actually I've never been very enthu for any idols like I've never bought their albums or watched their concerts... I'm almost embarrassed to claim that I'm a fan when all I do is admire them secretly hahaha).
And watching this movie makes me quite happy because I felt like I could see his personality, yknow? After his success with 不能说的秘密 many expected him to follow up with a similar concept but nooooooo him being him, he came up with something totally different because he is someone like that, he likes to experiment and try out new stuff, and his preference for this is exactly why he made such breakthroughs in the music scene and why he is so successful in different aspects. And I really really admire him for that because he never gives us the same things. He is always trying out new things and improving himself! :-)
Secondly I could see that he was really enjoying the process of making this movie, like he included a lot of his friends and funny jokes, instead of over-commercializing it. In a way it almost feels like a private little film made with his friends while having fun and I really liked it as well because I'm glad that he has reached the stage where he doesn't really care about what the public wants and just focus on doing his own thing, doing the things he wants to/likes. Respect!
Other than that, I really like the general vibe of his friends as well! Love the repartee/teases/jokes between them. There were some surprisingly funny parts as well! ^o^ I love the portrayal of the people living on the rooftop as well :-) As well as their interaction! They're so simple yet happy and satisfied hehe.
And the songs are great as well! For a musical some of the songs are incorporated a little suddenly so it sort of disrupts the flow a bit, but overall it's ok because the sincerity of the songs and the while vibe was great! Best thing is the lyrics hahaha really smartly written with cheeky comments :-)
But of course best of all is Jay Chou himself hehe he just has this natural charisma that attracts you to him!!! I swear. And he has such a cute smile!!! Especially cos he's acting as a guy who has a sort of crush on this girl so he had those shy smiles that were so cute?!!? I love guys with cute smiles omg *o* I've already successfully identified the trend in all the guys (by guys I mean like on screen guys HAHAHA) I like, they all have cute and nice smiles!!! :-D So one thing that I really notice in people (both guys and girls) is their smiles hehe.
Ok just wanted to post this since yesterday was supposed to be Jay Chou Day. I didn't even know such a day existed until my mum told me yesterday during dinner HAHAHA. But anw it so happens I watched the movie today so I decided to do a sort of Jay appreciation post. I really think he's awesome and his breakthroughs manage to surprise me again and again. Glad to be his fan!