<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: A moment like this
Posted on: Monday, July 22, 20137:52 PM

Today is one of my most memorable days, because I finally attained my first ever A in major exams in JC!!! /pops champagne/ /throws confetti/

I know it's not much, (stupid jiaee was like: ziyue you mean you never get A for major exams before?! Total asssss sia) especially since it's for H1 bio which means it's just 10 rank points.... BUT STILL IT'S MY FIRST TIME EVERRRR and I'm so happy!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Originally I only got B but I added 2 marks to my essay component and got A whoopwhoop and Mr Quek told me I'm the only A so it totally made my day. I'm just glad that my efforts for bio paid off (sort of...) I'm actually really very worried about bio because all this while I've been getting Ds and Es (UGH) and I always think the paper was okay but end up getting like super bad results so I stopped having any expectations for bio LOL. So I'm really pleasantly surprised and I hope this serves as a motivation for me!!! I'm usually motivated by good results. Like I used to dislike biology (actually I just dislike science in general) but Mr Neo was an awesome teacher so I managed to get good results so I was motivated to study and do well so I paid attention and stuff so I managed to get good results again bla bla bla it's a cycle! (but then again it means that I was discouraged by my lousy maths results and totally would not pay attention in class and always put maths at the last of my priorities list and only did homework when it was absolutely necessary and so got even worse results and it turned out to be a vicious cycle...)

So anyway I just really wanna thank Mr Neo because it is him who really made me interested in bio and even take it in JC even though it's a ridiculous decision I mean who takes h1 bio with other arts subjs. After taking h1 bio most of the time I feel rather discouraged because I keep failing (seriously would never forget the day I got 4/25 on my class test) and many times I doubt myself and my choice and I felt like my pride was hurt because I used to be good at biology. But then ofc I accepted that things are different now and secondary school knowledge are near to useless right now... Ok I'm talking too much rubbish but I just want to say that I'm really grateful for this A and I'm glad that my efforts paid off, but I still feel a little guilty cos I didn't put in as much effort as I would like to and I hope I can put in 200% by prelims. Because results don't give that much satisfaction, what makes me most satisfied is that I've given my all. :-)

That said, getting an A is still awesome but I don't think I can get it again because just thinking about the amount of stuff to study for prelims give me a HEADACHE!!!! And I only did so well because I chose a more general essay question so it was easier for me because I'm better at crapping. The other essay qn required so much memorized knowledge and I can't memorize all of it!!! So I'm just lucky this time round :(

Sigh prelims is coming in like 6 weeks?! AINT NOBODY GOT THE TIME TO STUDY MANNNN. Alevels is coming faster than ever and I'm really feeling the stress right now because the school won't stop reminding us about it T_T

So worried about GP cos I can't evaluate. And econs, which I think I did really super badly after going through corrections and it makes me so upset that I have to disappoint Mrs Chua when she's an amazing econs teacher :-( Plus, I really like econs and was hoping that I'd do well :-(

Anw! My aunt and my cousins went back to HK. Super hectic 2 weeks, went out to eat everyday and omg I can't stand it!!! Gotta say my mum's homecooked food is the best ^o^ Super noisy cousins but they had really cute moments as well *o* They loved me so muchhhh ok because my sis wouldn't even talk to them LOL she kept glaring at them and scolding them HAHAHA. But anw I had lots of fun because they are really cute when they're not being annoying :p Especially love the younger one's smileeeeee :-D

Ok this post has gotten longer than I expected so byebye!


♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx