Went to SCH today during the break between school and sectionals and it was the most amazing thing ever.
I swear the night before I was already feeling pretty nostalgic cos they were all tweeting about their syf the next day and it just brings back so many memories :') And I felt as if I was sending my children to some big exam or smth and I sent Edwin and kaizhe super long texts because I'm closest to them both and esp Edwin because I knew him for the longest :')
Still remember 2 years ago he was a little sec1 boy and we were always fooling around cos he's like my little brother, annoying but precious :') Cos our instruments were near to each other's and probably because I was the only one childish enough to entertain him... Haha but he's really like my son cos I watched him grew up! Glad that now and then I can still chat with him because he's still as adorable and frank as ever and I'm so glad to see that he has now (slightly) matured and he has grown A LOT taller (it's crazy how he used to be shorter than me and how he's actually more than a head taller than me now... Kaizhe is at least 2 heads taller than me omg) He's like one of the "head" now cos he's in core group and he has one of the most important parts in the songs and I just can't express how proud am I to see what he has become and how far he has come.
So basically I wasn't really worried for them cos I went for one of their practices and they were SO DAMN WONDERFUL so I know they are gonna do well! But when I was sitting down and watching them go up the stage I was still pretty nervous la, it's just like watching your children go for competition or smth like that yknow? Can't help feeling nervous and hoping for everything to go well even though you know they are awesome as hell.
I swear I felt like crying when I saw the whole orchestra + Zhaolaoshi cos it's just, so so nostalgic. Just 2 years ago I was there on the stage too but now everything is different and I was so overwhelmed with emotions. So much hope and love and everything. :')
So anw long story short there was a minor mistake and it's barely noticeable plus they saved the song super professionally, but they were still really upset about it. Zls is super upset about it as well because he thinks it's his fault but it's really no one's fault and I'm so happy that this event has made cchyco even more bonded than before :') After all when you look back it's really not the awards that matter, what matters are the bonds and friendship formed because these are the things that are most precious.
So much love for Zhaolaoshi as well cos he is hands down the best conductor ever. I'm not even kidding.. Love the way he interpret the songs and the way he conducts. Most importantly I just love him because he is really like a father to us all. Always caring always teaching us values teaching us stuff in life and he genuinely cares for us :') Love how happy and excited he is on stage and love how his happiness always affects all of us and make us smile as well. Love how he always pat our heads after a performance, just like how a real father would do. And when he's fierce/angry he can get really fierce but that's what makes him more real and more fatherly because if he didn't care about us at all he wouldn't even get angry.
So I'm just really proud and really thankful to have been able to be a part of CCHYCO as well as be under the guidance of Zhaolaoshi and Chenlaoshi (btw he said I look younger and younger haha YAY) :-)
I must be the luckiest person ever and honestly choosing cchyco is one of the best decisions of my life. Formed lots of precious bonds with so many people and really, cchyco is a family :')
No matter the results, they are the best in my heart, WE are the best in my heart.