Just read some of the blogs and I realize I didn't write the obligatory end-of-year post!!! HAHA what a crime. But I'm too lazy anyway because there's so many things I wanna say! So I shall keep it short with short elaboration and no pics.
2012 has been such a busy year. Busy but really memorable because it was a brand new experience for me (and of course many others). Leaving the familiar and venturing into unknown territories is something not easy to do, but unfortunately we have to do it.
Glad to be in 1232, a really fun class! And I'm so glad to always be with my three musketeers :') Made some really fun friends in class and in co too!
Maybe it's because I'm a really 慢热 person, I felt rather unattached to everyone for the whole of 2012 and as such I don't think I had A LOT of fun. (But I'm totally warming up to nyjc now and I think I'm more enthusiastic than before!!! Whoop whoop) But I did have some fun and that is already rather satisfying and pleasing to me :-) It was a busy and tiring year but for some reason I found comfort in this kind of lifestyle. I entered JC expecting the worst but I think it wasn't that bad for me. (maybe arts stream is more relaxing? Idk) I got used to it pretty quickly and I found that consistency/stability is something rather enjoyable. There's something oddly comforting in the rigorous schedule... Maybe there's something wrong with me!
Anyway, part of the reason I'm quite okay with this lifestyle is because I know it's only 2 years so it'll all be over soon, and the fact that it's not like I have a very vibrant lifestyle that includes a lot of going out and having fun so this doesn't affect me much anyway HAHA.
But anyway! J2 is gonna be totally different, and right now I feel rather uncertain and very unconfident because I'm totally unprepared for A's and I don't know where to go/what to do after that. What is my next step?
Did a lot of goal setting and future planning stuff these few weeks and I'm so appalled to find that I do not have my mind set on anything. I know, it's not like I have a lot of choices.... But I can't even decide between the few choices that I have :-( Currently just setting my mind on Sociology, but I really do not know if that's really something I wanna do in the future. Communication studies also sounds interesting! But as you know me, I dislike venturing out of my comfort zone so I really wish I can stay in this state of not deciding forever. :/
I'm having this sudden urge of leaving Singapore to study/to look around the world and I don't even know why! I think I'm getting bored of Singapore. Places like US and UK don't really appeal to me right now (maybe because I haven't been there) but I'm quite fond of Australia!!! It's my fav country right now because I've been there and it's beautiful! Maybe New Zealand too since I assume they are rather similar haha. But it's gonna cost a bomb and I'll have to be all alone, I'm gonna miss my family so much so I'm considering the alternative, which is to go traveling after A's since I've such a long break!
But then again I should be trying for internships instead.... Ughhhh so many responsibilities sigh it sucks being a (semi) grown-up.
Speaking of travelling, recently read a little of this biography of Boey Kim Cheng and he went to India and he got to interact with different travelers and got to help out in a charity house set up by Mother Teresa and he described about the poverty scenes and it made quite an impact on me because now I'm tempted to go experience these too. It's no fun just looking at all the beautiful and glamorous aspects of a city, I wanna experience the less-glamorous reality too. :-(
Really tempted to become a backpacker and travel around the world writing about my experience and feelings but I need money sigh reality is such a spoiler.
I have these big dreams but I don't know what to do with them. Kinda interested in music production too ...... Gonna go learn an instrument after A's! Currently have my mind set on an Ukulele but I love strings like Violin so much as welllll. But I'm sure violin is gonna be so much harder and expensive so ...... ;_;
Well but let's just take it one step at a time! A's is the first priority now! CO SYF is pretty important too hehe but it can only take a backseat. Intense co practices coming up soon but instead of finding them annoying I feel rather ok? Maybe because I'm not very busy now... But even though this is not cchyco, I still rather enjoy my time playing in an orchestra :-) There are so many times I doubt my decision and berate myself for not choosing something different and try different things but I guess sometimes it's important to have some stability in your life :-) And I cannot deny my love for orchestras and percussion. Even though the people are different, music is universal so I still enjoy it a lot :-D Plus wulaoshi is so funny and nice and he reminds me of chenlaoda so much! So, glad that I joined the orchestra!
This is supposed to be a post talking about 2012 but it ended up talking about 2013 and even later. But it's okay, we should always look into the future and not back to the past :-D
Happy 2013!