<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: Hope and pray
Posted on: Sunday, November 25, 201211:33 PM

Wanted to update on the day we got back our promos results/status. I drafted a post but didn't post it eventually. It was quite a sentimental post so I felt it was too awkward to post it HAHA and I decided to write a letter to jiamin instead. :-) The contents of the letter was based on the drafted post! I think it's much more meaningful that way, and I'm so glad that she loves the letter. :-) If you're reading this, I hope you know that I am so proud of you and I will always be here for you <3 div="div">

Anyway, I'm going overseas on Tuesday morning (which is about 1 day later) so I think I should update if not I'll never be able to do so. Once you stop blogging, you'll lose the momentum!

Yeap so, got back my promos results and I have to say that I am really quite satisfied with it. And I am really quite surprised that I am satisfied with it, because I feel like I seem to be a person that's seldom satisfied. I feel like I'm always secretly wishing for more. I know I know, I'm such a bad person. :( But this time round, I feel quite contented. Even though, of course, if it was possible I would want even better results haha.

The reason for my satisfaction isn't because my results are awesome or anything like that. In fact, I think it's pretty average. No As, which was really expected because I don't think I've gotten an A on any major/slightly major tests in this 1 year LOL. 1 B, 3 Cs and 1 E! Doesn't seem too great but I'm really happy because I personally feel that I've made much improvement this year and this is such a breakthrough for me. Honestly. I'm satisfied because I put in some hard work and my results reflected it, so even though the results aren't great, I'm really happy with myself! And I'm proud of myself ohyeahhhhhhhhhhh. Motivated to study even harder next year!!!

I'm so surprised that I got a B for CLL. People seem to have this illusion of me being very good in Chinese but really, I'm just so-so LOL. Especially when compared to the other CLL peeps in my class, they're like getting 80/100 easily and I'm like struggling to pass .............. My P2 sucks, even during promos I just got a lousy 49/100 (whereas people are getting 80 LIKE WHUUUUUT) so ya :( But my P1 saved me! Glad that my compo got 25/35 :') Honestly I was quite worried because my compo marks have been fluctuating. I got 20+ around the beginning of the year, but as time goes by I began getting 15 - 16 and I was feeling so hopeless :-( But I'm so happy that I got it right at the right moment, and I hope I'll continue getting it right.

I think me getting C for lit is one of my proudest moments EVER because I suck at lit so much now. I'm okay with lame factual class tests but I am FOREVER screwing up my essays, I swear. We were assigned a practice essay before promos and I got 11/25 I think. I swear that's like the most demoralizing thing ever because I love lit and I topped elective lit so it really hurts me. :( There was a point in time when I really felt hopeless for lit too because I feel like I just can't write an essay and when I read the model essays I really wondered if I'm cut out to be a lit student after all. Also because I was an elective student I questioned myself and wondered if I was too ambitious to go for H2 Lit.

So, I was really ecstatic when I saw that my Streetcar essay got 16/25 because that's the highest I've ever gotten here, and Ms Sanah marked it :') (Btw, she's no longer teaching us next year, so I'm really glad that after a year of bull-shit work, I finally gave her some quality-ish work and left her a good impression of me.) Also, Ms Sanah is a really strict teacher so her compliments mean a lot to me :') So yay, now I'm sort of more hopeful and I hope that I'll do well next year too. Honestly lit is quite challenging, but it is really very interesting. It opened up a whole new perspective for me, and I'm having so much fun and learning so many things through lit. I would encourage everyone to take up lit, but I know it doesn't suit everyone. :-( I have this love-hate r/s with it because I love that it really opens up a whole new world for me to explore, but I also hate that it's so hard. Blah.

And I wish that more people would see the beauty of lit because it is a breath-taking subject. At times it even borders on psychology and human behavior studies. Because one of our themes for our lit syllabus is individual vs society. It is So. Interesting. I always feel very mentally exhausted after lit lessons because there's so much in-depth analysis and exploration but at the same time I'm satisfied because I learnt a lot. Love it. :')

As for econs, I guess I feel pretty ok, I thought that I could do better because I think I do pretty well in class tests and such, but whenever it comes to major exams, econs just loves to screw me up. -_-

GP is another one of my proudest subject because, believe it or not, I am also terrible at it. And I am consistently terrible at it. So I am infinitely thankful for my C, because it's almost like a dream. I think I worked the hardest for GP actually, hmm. So I'm so glad it was alright!!!

As for bio, idk if you guys remember but it was my best subj during the midyears. But it's now my worst LOL. I totally deserved it though, because I didn't really put much effort into it :-( And, I suffered a mental breakdown during the exam. AND, IT'S SO HARD. I swear I'm only thinking of one thing during bio lessons, which is: What in the world is going on here?!

Ok but I brought it upon myself so I have only myself to blame. Am actually quite glad that I managed to get an E .... Not bad! Haha. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on bio this holiday! Planning my study schedule tmrw. -_- How is 1 month+ enough for resting and playing and studying and doing homework? Something is definitely very wrong here. :@

And I got lotssss of holiday homework it's not even funny. Where would I get the time to catch up on bio and CLL and study GP? T_T Why can't I get a good solid break after a year-long of non-stop studying? T_T

I don't think I've ever studied so consistently. I feel like I've been studying non-stop. Probably not true but it really feels like it! Maybe that's why the year went by so fast :(

Recently, I've been feeling very old. Went back to cchy for NZP a few days ago and alamak, I felt this sudden surge of old-ness LOL. I am 17 this year!!! 17!!! It feels like I was 13 just yesterday.

Anyway, this year is coming to an end. I can't bear for 2012 to go :( Am gonna have lots of fun while overseas and maybe I'll give a little update if there's wifi! Am bringing some of my books there too haha I'm such a nerd.










♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx