So Mr Ong has officially retired today. Disappointed that I wasn't able to bid him farewell, but I am sincerely thankful towards him, for everything he did. It's not like I was particularly close with him or anything, I think he just recognizes my face that's all, from the various co and longteng performances haha! But to me, that's more than enough. :')
It doesn't feel like he did anything extraordinary, but unknowingly, his presence has made a great impact in my life. I love how he always seems to be so fatherly, calm and logical. And it's so hard to imagine a cchy without him. It's just not the same anymore.
His departure, along with the departure of many teachers, such as Zhanglaoshi, really saddens me because it feels as if a part of my life is taken away. They are, essentially, a part of my past, and because of that, I never expected things to change. Because it's my past, I expected it to stay the same. But things changed and I feel so uneasy cos it feels as if a part of my life is altered and disrupted. Like when I go back things won't be the same as the past I remember and this unnerves me. I guess in a way, their departure brought a part of me and my memories away too.
I just hate it when things change. :(
Anyway, I'm so glad that Mr Ong was my principal and I really do have many fond memories of him and his cute moments like "Well lan." And I will never forget the smile he gave me before one of my olevel papers. :') His smile really motivated me even more.
It's so sad that good things don't always last. But I hope that he left the school with many fond memories of us too. Maybe, just maybe, he will remember the smile I gave him too. And really, I am so so proud to be a 中正人.