<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1327595113563465450?origin\x3dhttp://c-rossroad.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
street lights, big dreams
☁ ☁ ☁
Title: "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home"
Posted on: Tuesday, July 3, 20123:00 PM

It's been a long time since I last blogged! The holidays are over AND midyears exams too. It was pretty disastrous cos even though I was really determined to work hard before the holiday started, I was a total slacker once the holiday started. Just lying around doing nothing. Surfing YouTube and watching random videos. Spent most of my time watching Running Man ......... Really wasted a lot of time but anyway Running Man is an awesome variety show!!! The fixed cast is really bonded (reminds me of the beloved Family Outing since jaesuk and Jongkook were already in FO and kwangsoo totally takes the role of chunhee while Sukjin reminds me of jongshin so much haha) + the running man producers are so very creative and are always coming out with something special & amazing! Everytime I think that things are getting repetitive and boring, they'll introduce something totally innovative and awesome which completely stuns me. Wonderful.

Okay anyway my papers weren't super super super hard (like totally catch no balls hard), but it was still pretty -_- . Maybe it's just me :-( I DESERVED IT T.T I didn't study T.T I was just hugging the Buddha's leg ......... Even my mom can't stand my slackness and can't stop nagging me to do something cos I seemed to be doing nothing at all ...

But that's already over, I'll just have to accept it :-(

But the main point of this post is the HARRY POTTER EXHIBITION! I'm a great Harry Potter fan and yesterday (2nd July) I finally went to the HP EXHIBITION at Artscience Museum! Along with Chuting (Hi I know you're reading this), Xunlin, Jasmine, Jiamin & Jiaee! My sister went on the same day with her friends too :-D

I was so excited for it and even brought along my DIY deathly hallows charm (for lack of a better word) and lightning rings!!! HAHA it's really corny, we (Jamie Jiamin jasmine jiaee and I) actually made them! It was hard work ok I remember buying all the materials from daiso and spending lots of time at SSC's MOF and Sembawang's Mos Burger doing it! And all this trouble for a simple movie! But, anything related to Harry Potter isn't simple ok it deserves to be respected LOL. Anyway, I brought it along for the exhibition, showing my #Potterhead spirit! My sis was even more hardcore, she even bought robes and ties from online and wore it there!

Met jasmine Jiamin jiaee for lunch and Jiamin was as usual and as expected, LATE. Had lunch and met Xunlin and chuting afterwards! Then, we went into the exhibition hehe. Before that we were all so excited and couldn't stop taking photos and tweeting! It's so magical *_*

Went in and it was really cool seeing the flying car! Took some pics and then the exhibition peeps helped us to take pics w the scarfs and wands they provided (the photo could be bought later in the gift stop at $20 each, or $50 for 3)

And then we continued walking ... And arrived at this place displaying all the movie posters from Philosopher's Stone to Deathly Hallows Part 2! Really cool to see how all of them have grown. :-) We had to wait there bcos I think they didn't want congestion or smth? But anw waiting is cool too cos it builds up the suspense and anticipation!!! HAHA.

Finally we were allowed to go in and it was then that I realized that the thing I thought was a screen/curtain of some sort was just um water vapour/smoke? LOL. Anw Harry Potter was like on it so I thought it was smth ... When everyone walked through it I was a little shocked and was kinda fascinated by that. But I looked around and it seems I'm the only one that's fascinated ... Am I slow? :-(

Anw, went into this room and they had this um curved wall which has 6 screens if I'm not wrong. They started playing little bits and pieces of the movies from Philosopher's Stone to Deathly Hallows part 2. Once again it's great cos since I grew up w Harry Potter, it was smth like looking back on my own childhood too. Really awesome when you see how everything has changed! Then, they played a part when Voldemort was screaming and then all of a sudden a side partition on the right side was lifted and then there's smoke and everything (wait is it called smoke? smoke makes it sounds like it's burning or smth @.@) and the first exhibit is The Hogwarts Train! ^^ Just part of it though haha. Everyone's like "OOOOH."

Well the rest of the exhibit they were showing stuff from the movies, and they categorized the exhibits in different rooms! Like there's a part dedicated to evilness and we get to see the Angel of Death etc. And the awesome lovely great hall with the yummy displays of FOOD! We got to pull up fake mandrakes too ahaha. Oh and! Quidditch! We get to throw balls into the 3 hoops (I'm sorry I forgot the Harry Potter terms for the balls lol) and it's awesome cos I succeeded in all 3! I succeeded in one try for the 2 near ones but took 2 times for the far one.

Here, I have to dedicate a paragraph to jiamin's epic ball throwing. It might just be the highlight of the day :'D I think she threw the ball for a grand total of maybe 30 times? Idk but it was epic! For some reason her aiming is really FAR OFF like really FAR and when you look at her do that you'll just feel like pulling your hair out and go "ARE YOU EVEN AIMING FOR THE HOOP?!" cos it's just really terrible. It's either that or she's not exerting enough force so the balls fall below the hoop. Which we couldn't understand either cos it was just ... really simple. The main point is that even I could do it! I'm already an idiot when it comes to this ballthrowing stuff :'D So she failed so many times and there were like little young boys beside her that could shoot in the balls like in 1 try omg hahaha. There were some other amused-looking audience too! Anyway it was so epic!

Heh, it was great looking at their costumes and little random stuff too. Gilderoy Lockhart's section entertained me so much cos his robes are so fancy and pompous looking! They even included his ridiculous quiz which was all about him omg haha.

The gift shop was really cool too but everything is so expensive! Saw some really pretty pens idk how to describe but they were all shiny and jewel-ish looking! They had 4 pens, 1 for each house and the pens had their own house colour and animal. It was seriously freaking BEAUTIFUL but I think it was like $45 for one? No thank you ........

Other stuff were all sold at about 40 and above. Shirts are like $50, hoodie $75, bag $90, wand set $350 BLABLABLA. Only can seesee, cannot buy :< There was a really adorable hedwig plushie too, I think it's $70. Haiz, where to get so much money? $_$

In the end, bought 1 Chocolate frog and 2 packets of every flavor beans! $6 each. It's already expensive cos c'mon how can a little piece of choc costs $6 but it's alright! I already decided on getting them even before going :b I got a Quirrell card btw, not cool but not too bad I guess :/ My sis got him too LOL. Maybe our family is just fated with him.

All in all, it was a wonderful and magical experience. I would've wanted it to be bigger and have more stuff but I know it's really hard for them. So this is really awesome already! Next stop, the wizarding world? HAHA.

Anw the MBS area is really cool, nice breeze nice scenery and all (Y) Singapore looks really amazing when you're there! But when you're not there .......




Hahahaha just kidding, I love Singapore! National Day is coming in a month's time and I'm really looking forward to it! It's one of my fav day heh. Really looking forward to the national day song too, it really makes national day much more vibrant and lively!


♛ ziyue

19; NUS
31 December

Facebook | Twitter
Tumblr | Instagram


♫♫♫




♥ thank you

layout: Hearts;Bleach
resources: xx