"编号十五, Chung Cheng High School (Yishun), 中正中学 (义顺), Gold with Honours."
Shall start from this morning. Okay I woke up at 5+ today because I was so nervous and excited. Tbh I thought we could have done better, I could have done better. Cos there were many times during practices that we did really great! But well, we've already given our best on stage. :) So .. yeah, apparently many others thought so too and the people I talked to was like, "yeah ..." So it was very ... demoralizing. Even though people from other schools like Sulwyn, Bernard etc kept on saying that we'll get gwh for sure. But, we know ourselves best. So I'm damnnnnn nervous and woke up early.
Throughout the whole day in school I didn't know what I was doing. Was super distracted cos keep thinking about the results :/ (And LOL I failed 2.4km by 20secs!)
Okay so, had recess, had lunch, had year head talk, had assembly. Was thinking about the results for the whole day and whenever I talk / text its about the results LOL.
Okay, cabbed to SCH after assembly with jiaee, jiamin & weiyi! Wah on the taxi we keep talking about the results too @_@ Dk why we got so many things to talk too, we just keep on talking and talking and talking. Heh, finally reached SCH and we all very kanchiong! (Jiamin did smth lame tho -.-) Went up and sort of lingered around? Was looking at the different schools and stuff. Saw 郭勇德老师 againnnnnn! He still remembers me lehhhhhhhhh, hehehehe he doesn't remember weiyi though. *shuang face*
Okay, then um, waited outside the hall for around 40mins. Waited for the door to open and nearly died there la T_T Seriously very squeezy and tiring. Somemore we damn kiasu one, the entrance surrounded by cchyco people LOL. Even I also feel so paiseh. Then we chatted, talk crap, discussed tactics to block other people and let our people go in first (LOL).
And, received news about chinese dance's results too. :( Am seriously very sorry for them. :( All of them worked so hard. But still, congratulations and I hope they will continue working hard. :)
The news made all of us even more nervous and scared and we were all like urrrrrghhhhhhh.
And then after what seems like 10years, the door finally opened! But they only let 2o people go in at a time, -_- Then like everybody squeeeeeeeze and try to be one of first few 20s to go in. I feel so auntie ..... Heh, went in and sit down and more and more cchyco peeps entered the hall and we all sat tgt! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Waited for the some other co mates to come and stuff like that. The dialogue session started only at 5. Then um some epic things happened but I'm too lazy to elaborate la. But, the uncle seriously deserves a thumbs up!!! (Y) So coooooool and steady. Love his English accent too haha!
So yeah the dialogue session started and the judges are all damn cute!!! Seriously they say some really cool stuff, but I forgot most of it already -_- But whenever they say smth negative I'll be like, "shit, are they talking about us?!?!?!!!" and then attempt to console myself, "nonono, we not like that..."
Was shaking throughout the whole dialogue session -_- Cos I was so damn nervous >_<
I kept on thinking, what if we get a gold? And I just couldn't bear the thought of it and was really super nervous.
Then finally they started announcing the results & I listened attentively for the first few schools! But when they were nearing ours I already totally blank out -_- Just squeezing my hands and praying like maaaaaaaaad. Came into my senses when they started announcing Cchm's results though! A gwh for them too, congratssss! B) Then fuhua, balestier hill, and then pasir ris. Seriously when I heard their results my heart stopped. But I still cheered for them okay!!! Congrats to them. :D Then I stared at the guy and idk what I was thinking also lah I think my whole mind blanked out. The guy read our school's name then still paused a bit and looked at us -_- I was gonna die lol. And when I heard "Gold with ... " I was already screaming #$#%#@!@#!$%2 like mad. Seriously I've never screamed like that in my whole entire life, maybe 2 years ago I did .. But anyway the people at my up down left right also screaming like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, basically after that I hugged jiamin and she cried while I was on the verge of crying. I was still shaking but it was more like due to happiness and shock! Couldn't really believe it idk why either. I kept "omgomgomgomgomg"-ing and everything just feels so .... It's like a dream.
Couldn't really hear what the announcer was saying after that, so missed out lots of schools' results :/ After awhile we finally calmed down a bit and tried to listened! Congrats to St Nicks, Victoria, Swiss Cottage and Zhonghua!!!! Cheered madly because got my friends in there LOL.
Went down to find Zhaolaoshi and chenlaoda and the other laoshis after that! Shook hands with them LOL I am soooooooo happy. Zhaolaoshi looked so shuai as usual. :)))))) To me he is the shuaiest guy!!! *inserts millions of hearts*
Went out of the hall and crowded outside and did three cheers and stuff like that! Oh we did the three cheers for chung cheng again since cchm got gwh too B) Then we walked to the balcony thing (LOL) and everyone just stood around and shout and smile and hug and shake hands and cry and be happy! I at first very happy one, then I saw zhaolaoshi happily taking video of us cheering and the many smiling faces of my juniors ..... suddenly I remembered that I'm leaving co soon and I burst out crying T_T Then many people came up and hug me / comfort me and I cried even harder T_T It's just too sad.
Took photos with co and we bid the teachers goodbye like how we do after every practice. Then as I look at zhaolaoshi's retreating back I suddenly realise that its the last time I'm gonna do this. Last time I'm going to say "老师们再见,谢谢老师们" ...... Then I cried again :( Ohgod.
Then we started to leave SCH and as I walked out of the balcony thing I saw 徐帆老师 & ughhhhhhhhh he saw me crying unglamly (!!!!) but anyway he pointed at us and showed a thumbs up and pointed at us and showed a thumbs up again while nodding his head and smiling. He still remembers me! And he thinks we're good! *cues shuang face again*
Went to eat with lots of people after that & went back home with jiaee jiamin jasmine junxiong yintong jingkang. Too tired. :/ Gonna miss people like junxiong and jingkang ..... :( They never fail to me us laugh LOL.
I've honestly never felt so happy in my entire life. I want to thank cchyco for giving me these opportunities to feel this way. I never thought that I could feel this way. I never thought that I would be so close, so bonded with people like this. I didn't know such feelings existed. As I'm typing all this (and listening to sad songs), all the times spent with cchyco just went through my mind.
I've been with this orchestra for more than 3 years. Up till now, I still remember the day I entered co :O I was such a, ummmmm, blur person? I remember I sat down at a corner of co room and everything looks so foreign and weird to me. There were so many strangers walking around too. And the co room appeared to be so messy.
And then I remember I was recruited into percussion and idk if I've said this before, I reaaaaally hated percussion then. To me it was so loud and boring and I was super reluctant to go for sectionals at first. And combined practice was such a bore to me cos I only get to play 4 times on the gong LOL. And I really hated 基本功 then because it was so boring. But now I understand the importance of it alr. :) & I should've practised harder last time!!
As time goes by I got closer with all my percussion mates and we always do crazy stuff tgt. We were so young back then and we get to run around and throw things around ... And we started to chat with Chenlaoda and get to know him better. And then idk when, we became such a close family. We would practice sbyg again and again and again. Even though after every practice we're like half-dead, it was one of the happiest times of my life. & when syf finally came, I went in the concert hall feeling confident and went out feeling confident. I didn't cry when we got gold with honours. & at that time I couldn't understand why people cried, it was such a happy thing! To me, after getting gwh, there's this sort of "endless possibilies" feel. Yknow? Like there's nothing in the way anymore, and we can continue to work harder and shine.
But after the syf on Tuesday and getting gwh today, there's this "melancholic" feel instead. Our journey has ended, my journey has ended. I've finally reached my destination, and its time to leave the rest to the juniors. Even though I hate to leave, I have to leave. Because all good things come to an end and my time with cchyco is up. I will, of course, come back to help and support, but things will never be the same. 2 years ago, I was looking at all my seniors, feeling so mighty and invincible! Now, 2 years later, I looked at the happy faces of my juniors and feel sad. Sad that I have to leave, sad that I can no longer be a part of them, sad that I cannot share the joy with them anymore. At the same time, I feel so happy. Happy that we achieved gwh, meaning that they'll get more opportunities. Happy that they've grown up so well. Happy that they now know the true meaning of music and cchyco. Happy that cchyco is going to continue shining. Happy that they're going to feel as happy as me in the future. Happy that I was once a member of cchyco.
When I think of cchyco, the first thing that comes to my mind is not music and my instruments. Instead, the word "family" comes to my mind first. Because to me, cchyco is really not just an orchestra. We are so much more.
Now, its time for me to let go. But, cchyco will always be a part of me.
Once a cchyco-ian, always a cchyco-ian. :)
"You are right - the results don't matter. Its the journey that does."